What's new

I need help please help

tones707

Hi, I have the surface 2 and I was curious on how to go about playing console games like gta 5 on here with an Xbox controller, or if I could go on steam and play games off of there.

If you're willing to help over teamviewer that'd be great as well

kristalsoldier

I think if you want to play games on Steam, you will need the Surface Pro (or Pro 2). Though I am not a gamer and I could very well be wrong.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can play any game that is available through the Windows Store on the Surface 2, There isn't a STEAM Client in the Store so you would need an x86 Machine like the Surface Pro 2 as Krystal suggested.

oion

I think if you want to play games on Steam, you will need the Surface Pro (or Pro 2). Though I am not a gamer and I could very well be wrong.

You're right.

Steam requires full Windows for the client install, so that means a Surface Pro 1/2. The Xbox controller support is for the Xbox-branded games in the app store only, AFAIK, not hooking up the console to the Surface like a TV (impossible).

I mean, you could theoretically use a remote desktop solution to play on another desktop, but I can't even imagine the horrible framerates when doing that.