What's new

I plan on getting the 256 or the 512

scadarick

Well I plan on getting mine at bestbuy, have over 400 in point dollars and with a trade in price of 350 or less, guess it depends on them. I just bought mine just about 2 months ago, so its still new and have the box it ship with. This is a great tool for me, being a disabled marine...its hard for me to spend to much time in my home office, sometimes all day long.
Got 3 iPad, 1 galaxytab 2, now a sp1...why not a sp2. I like the specs ok, did not know about the styles holder not being brought back, heard from another post. If that's the case, how is the charging going to work this time, guess I need to do some more reading and searching. Got the time since I retired.

How about the rest of you, what's your take on this?

Take care guys!

apoc_reg

I ordered the 256gb, the extra memory and the fact that with skydrive i've found my 128gb original pro ok it was a no brainer!

OP
S

scadarick

I ordered the 256gb, the extra memory and the fact that with skydrive i've found my 128gb original pro ok it was a no brainer!

i have to agree, taking my sp1 back to bestbuy and return it and keyboard so i can go ahead and pre order sp pro 2. since i am an elite plus member, i get 45 days to return instead of 15 days. i called them just to ask if i could trade it in for 350.00, but when she looked up my account she said it would be best to just exchange it..sort of. basically just taking it back, got till next week before i loose my shot at it. not a bad deal really got a chance to give it a good run and still be able to get the new one since i just bought sp1. i got about 500 in certs, but going to bank them for an 80 inch led for my house, been working on that for awhile, got a 60 inch sharp aquos in there now and in my bedroom, but my living room is big so going up to 80 inch will bring my texans on the big screen now.

you know that 1700.00 for a 512 seems really high when you add up all the freebie you get on any of the tablets, around 400.00 dollars i think, besides i got plenty of clouds and 64 gig micros, like you i found that 128 does ok too, but the cost for it is reasonable .

D

Deleted member 10837

I won't get this on release day but rather in January depending on what classes I will take next semester. Hopefully the Power Cover will be released by then and more matured software. The 256GB model is the one I'm planning on purchasing because I need the 8GB of RAM for running 40+ tabs, virtual machine and remote desktop.

OP
S

scadarick

I won't get this on release day but rather in January depending on what classes I will take next semester. Hopefully the Power Cover will be released by then and more matured software. The 256GB model is the one I'm planning on purchasing because I need the 8GB of RAM for running 40+ tabs, virtual machine and remote desktop.

I agree, the 256 will do me just fine as well, bestbuy is taking mine back and allowing me to get my pre order. As for the power keyboard, I talked with my brother in Dallas, he is the hardware guy of the family and me, well mostly software. He said it might be November, but also Microsoft has said early 2014. But in the meantime, I hope they have at least the back lite type cover, don't care for the touch cover that much. Will be back as soon as best buy is done with everything. Take care.

Richard parker

CrippsCorner

I really don't think the 512Gb version is worth the price increase. I'd get the 256Gb version mainly for the RAM really. I wish I could trade my SP1 back in but something I don't think that's going to be possible after 5 months! :(