What's new

I still have some love for my iPad

Mikewired

I still have some use for my iPad even though my sp3 is my goto machine. I still use my iPad with the life proof case on the boat and hiking for the GPS and connectivity. I also have the Att 30.00 unlimited data plan. These are the gaps the surface can't fill. Maybe I'll just get the iPad mini next time around.

raqball

I don't miss my iPad or Note Pro 12.2 tablets one bit. Not even a little! As a matter of fact I am very happy to have one device now that does everything I could possibly want..

For your case like hiking ect I do think the iPad mini would be a nice choice for the portability aspect alone.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still have some use for my iPad even though my sp3 is my goto machine. I still use my iPad with the life proof case on the boat and hiking for the GPS and connectivity. I also have the Att 30.00 unlimited data plan. These are the gaps the surface can't fill. Maybe I'll just get the iPad mini next time around.
A phone will do that... perhaps any phone.

mennogreg

I'm probably the opposite, I still used my iPad occasionally, even though I owned an SP1 and SP2 (probably a combination between weight and the dislike of 16:9 ratio when held in portrait). The SP3 is so light, and comfortable enough in portrait that I haven't even touched it since, and will likely give it to my little nephews.

To get around the lack of 3g/4g and GPS, I have a mobile 4G hotspot that doubles as a GPS. You're right about one thing though, don't know if I'd take my Sp3 hiking!

kristalsoldier

I like my iPad Air too, but only as a (very expensive) dedicated e-reader. Principally, I like it for its aspect ratio and for a couple of reading apps that I use consistently. I rarely if ever use it for anything else. But in its role as a lightweight and battery efficient (in its role as an e-reader), the iPad Air is excellent. When paired with my SP3 and tied in through OneDrive and OneNote, the combination is deadly. I have all of digital library (of cover 3K+ books) literally at my finger tips (of course connectivity is a given, but I find myself usually enmeshed with either WIFI networks or my unlimited data connection, so that is not a problem).

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd originally planned to sell my nexus 10 to cover the cost as I had figured the surface would replace it. A month later and the nexus is not going anywhere. Time and a place for everything.

Aurelio

I still using my iPad AIR only for my ebooks, pubs, etc.... I couldn't find one app on Surface that can read my books!!! :(

Kif

Yep, I still love my iPad (and hate it too). The app store is so much more robust. I also has a superior touch interface. I wish it had the power of my SP3.

Last edited: