What's new

I tried, really

Floswen

I dont understand why you didn't wiped totaly the device, then did a clean install of W10. It took only an hour to instal and update my SP4. It should have solved all your problems.

Anyway, I do agree with you about MS quality control. There is no way a rookie customer can be happy with a SP out of the box, like you can with an apple product.
That said, I have my device since 6 days, and aside from my flickering at low brightness, and the auto brightness ajust that we can't turn off (I think the two problems are linked), my SP4 is working flawlessly.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont understand why you didn't wiped totaly the device, then did a clean install of W10. It took only an hour to instal and update my SP4. It should have solved all your problems.

Anyway, I do agree with you about MS quality control. There is no way a rookie customer can be happy with a SP out of the box, like you can with an apple product.
That said, I have my device since 6 days, and aside from my flickering at low brightness, and the auto brightness ajust that we can't turn off (I think the two problems are linked), my SP4 is working flawlessly.
You assume it solves everyone's problems because it solved yours but it doesn't always work that way. I did it multiple times and still had problems every time.

Floswen

You assume it solves everyone's problems because it solved yours but it doesn't always work that way. I did it multiple times and still had problems every time.
I assumed it should solve the problem because 'usually' it work for any windows device. And because the OP was mentionning 'Resets', though I am pretty sure part of the problem was already on the device out of the box.

Sorry to hear that it didnt solve your problems, but what are your issues with the Sp4? (just out of curiosity)

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's both sad and somewhat funny the amount of good people out there that are having such issues with the Surface Pro 4. I bought mine and I have had ZERO issues, but then there are folks that just run into issue after issue. One thing I will say is that the Microsoft Store is a HUGE PILE OF CRAP!!! I only get a few items there that are a "must have" such as the Surface App for the pen, but I found the file outside of the Store in an install-able file type - so I don't have to touch the murky waters of the Microsoft Store.

In regards to drawing - I have used a few tablets over the years - the most comparable is Sony's Touch 11/12 - which is a really good tablet for the money. But the Surface has them all beaten hands down. I have been able to create some really awesome artwork using Sketchbook Pro - I wouldn't trade my Surface Pro for anything on the market - Especially an Apple Product. Don't get me wrong - Apple puts out a high quality product - But I look at Apple products as items for people who don't want to explore. Apple has their products so locked down that you cannot do what you want, how you want, when you want.

I more than understand that there are literally thousands of Surface Pro's that have a multitude of issues. I mean non-stop issues that have the user pulling teeth out for relief. I read that Microsoft has sold more Surface Pro's than any other product they produce - Even xBox - so somewhere, somehow, they did something correctly. I am more than satisfied with my Surface Pro 4, i7, etc....But when and if the Surface Pro 5 comes out, I will be waiting on the user reviews - I just managed to get really lucky this time around and got a solid product.

ValentinJesse

My boss is in China and he woke me up at 5 am in the morning because the Surface Pro 4 that i had bought for him wouldn't start at all. He's a tech illiterate, so we had to follow trough pressing "Power" for 30 seconds and then pressing Power + Volume up for 15 seconds. It happened twice in 4 days.

Funny that my other thread got closed because they thought i was trolling, even though i even posted pictures of the Surface Pro 4. These problems are happening with the replacement.

I really don't recommend this product for critical scenarios like business meetings, conferences, presentations etc. Never ending firmware problems and bugs within the MS Win 10.

Edit:
We were on a skype conference via mobile and i got to witness the fact that Windows Hello wasn't recognizing his face and that the virtual keyboard wouldn't pop up even though the physical keyboard was folded. My boss was opening it manually via tray, but i didn't say anything because i didn't want to see him throwing the piece of garbage out of the window.

Last edited:

radji

I just had to reset Windows 10 on my SP4. I don't think it was a problem with the device itself, only a possible issue with Office 365 and Windows 10. o_O

nnthemperor

My boss is in China and he woke me up at 5 am in the morning because the Surface Pro 4 that i had bought for him wouldn't start at all. He's a tech illiterate, so we had to follow trough pressing "Power" for 30 seconds and then pressing Power + Volume up for 15 seconds. It happened twice in 4 days.

Funny that my other thread got closed because they thought i was trolling, even though i even posted pictures of the Surface Pro 4. These problems are happening with the replacement.

I really don't recommend this product for critical scenarios like business meetings, conferences, presentations etc. Never ending firmware problems and bugs within the MS Win 10.

Edit:
We were on a skype conference via mobile and i got to witness the fact that Windows Hello wasn't recognizing his face and that the virtual keyboard wouldn't pop up even though the physical keyboard was folded. My boss was opening it manually via tray, but i didn't say anything because i didn't want to see him throwing the piece of garbage out of the window.
Yeah! Could be very disconcerting when recommend a product like that with all confidence and it acts up.