What's new

I want to love my new Surface Pro 6 But mouse is driving me crazy

David M Hodges

I want to love my new Surface Pro 6 but the mouse lag is driving me crazy. I have tried the sensitivity settings but that hasn't helped. My Surface Pro has the Intel Core i5. Wondering now if the Core I7 would have made a difference.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@David M Hodges ,

Let’s see if we can fix you up.

Your mouse lag is not likely due to processing speed. Which mouse? Are you using Bluetooth? Ruled out interference?

OP
D

David M Hodges

@David M Hodges ,

Let’s see if we can fix you up.

Your mouse lag is not likely due to processing speed. Which mouse? Are you using Bluetooth? Ruled out interference?

Thanks!
I should have been more clear, I am using the touchpad. It will stall and lag. At times it will not lock in on the sidebar slide to move the page up and down until I have tried to get it to grab several times.
David

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Could it be that your Surface is still setting up and copying OneDrive files from its cloud? Exit OneDrive and see if it improves.

OP
D

David M Hodges

Could it be that your Surface is still setting up and copying OneDrive files from its cloud? Exit OneDrive and see if it improves.
I disabled OneDrive but did not see any improvement. I use LiveDrive so I disabled it and did not see any improvement. The problem is definitely worse when online but it is not limited to being online. I am seeing the same kind of problems when using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Publisher.
Thanks again for your help!
David

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay,

Let's try removing your touchpad, and letting the Surface find it again, possibly making some settings.

Cortana Search for Device Manager, then choose Mice and Other Pointing Devices,

then remove the HID-compliant mouse entries by uninstalling, and immediately restart your Surface Pro 6.

OP
D

David M Hodges

Okay,

Let's try removing your touchpad, and letting the Surface find it again, possibly making some settings.

Cortana Search for Device Manager, then choose Mice and Other Pointing Devices,

then remove the HID-compliant mouse entries by uninstalling, and immediately restart your Surface Pro 6.

I uninstalled the HID-compliant mouse entries then restarted but there is no improvement. To give you an idea of what is happening, Frequently I will have to try 3 and 4 times to get the mouse to move.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Is the delay in moving the trackpad's mouse pointer, scrolling, clicking, or all of the above?