What's new

I was able to connect my charger today in 1 try

curney

I did it without even really looking. I was just sort of getting it near the surface so that I could begin the process and "click" it just snapped right in. Tried it again and nuthin. Just thought I would share cause it was pretty sweet.

Intangir

I felt the same way when i just slipped the charger on without any hassle. Got to love the small victories in life haha

mitchellvii

I was able to put my socks on today without catching my big toe!

But seriously, the best way to put the charger cable in is to hold it about an inch from the charger tip so it is kind of floppy in your hand. Put the top edge of the plug into the socket and the rest will just snap in. Works perfectly every time. The key is to hold it loosely so the magnets can take over.

dlacaba

I'm still waiting to achieve this level of zen. I once fumbled with it for 2 tries and I was pretty happy about that.

kirasir

I'm still waiting to achieve this level of zen. I once fumbled with it for 2 tries and I was pretty happy about that.

I've never had a problem connecting the charger since the day I bought the Surface. Try holding the charging cable by the wire about an inch above the magnetic plug then let the magnets do the work. Works every time and I don't even have to look where to plug it in.

OP
C

curney

I've never had a problem connecting the charger since the day I bought the Surface. Try holding the charging cable by the wire about an inch above the magnetic plug then let the magnets do the work. Works every time and I don't even have to look where to plug it in.

After using this method I am now down to under 3 seconds per attempt. I can live with that... lol

N.G.

You can casually ask your wife where she keeps her diamond nail file, snag it and dull the edge slightly on the plug, and REPLACE THE NAIL FILE. Takes that 2-3 second technique above to one second.

seaham358

I was able to put my socks on today without catching my big toe!

But seriously, the best way to put the charger cable in is to hold it about an inch from the charger tip so it is kind of floppy in your hand. Put the top edge of the plug into the socket and the rest will just snap in. Works perfectly every time. The key is to hold it loosely so the magnets can take over.

thank you, thank you thank you.. this is the BEST tip ever.. What a PIA I had plugging the charger in.. I let the plug dangle now and snap its in..
thanks....