What's new

i7 appears to be shipping

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exciting, looking forward to hearing thoughts on the i7 and how it compares to the i5. I suspect it'll still be a while before I get mine. Enjoy.

megatronium

Just FYI - my AMEX was hit this morning for the i7 pre-order which means it is shipping. I expect it will be delivered on 8/1.

Woohoo! Mine too! Awesome about the AMEX extra year warranty as well. No need to buy the Microsoft one - #teamamex

lcavada

My Amex was authorized at 11 AM today....with the I5 preorder the tracking information was posted same day credit card was authorized :)

JesseDiaz

Just FYI - my AMEX was hit this morning for the i7 pre-order which means it is shipping. I expect it will be delivered on 8/1.
Lucky you...let us know what you think of it...I was really on the fence on waiting for the i7 but just thought the i5/256 was a good value

bluegrass

Good luck!

I have an in-store pre-order for mine, and I hope to be able to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

LH

Me too. I'm not sure how well I can compare my SP3 i5 since I gave it back to the store to order the i7. Wish I had them side by side to measure some things. I'm hoping it will be fast enough to do video editing. I too, am hoping to have the store call me Friday and say that it's in. I was a little disappointed that the docking station isn't shipping until the 15th but I guess I'll be busy getting the things setup with software apps and playing with it without the docking station. The i7 512 gig is a lot of dough but speed and solid state drives doesn't come cheap.

lcavada

Hmmmmm. Maybe I'll get MS Complete! Thanks!
My son dropped his Surface 1 RT which he has had for almost 1 year, and cracked the corner of the screen.

He was able to get it replaced and upgrade to Surface 2 for minimal cost.

So it seems to be a good plan.

bkydcmpr

My son dropped his Surface 1 RT which he has had for almost 1 year, and cracked the corner of the screen.

He was able to get it replaced and upgrade to Surface 2 for minimal cost.

So it seems to be a good plan.
hope I can upgrade the sp3 when sp4 out within a year at "minimal cost", and it's not even dropped and cracked.