What's new

Icons not staying put after sleep mode

bikeazoid

Hi anyone else have this problem? Whenever I close (sleep mode) my otherwise alsome Surface the icons magically go over to the left in some random order. I'm logged in as a local account, not my Microsoft account.

Any help would be appreciated

OP
B

bikeazoid

Hey Bikeazoid, I have the same problem, funny thing, the longer it stays in sleep mode, the funkier the icons get. I guess for all the things that could go wrong, this is the most minimal. See you at home Bikeazoid.

Bikeazoid

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hey Bikeazoid, I have the same problem, funny thing, the longer it stays in sleep mode, the funkier the icons get. I guess for all the things that could go wrong, this is the most minimal. See you at home Bikeazoid.

Bikeazoid

Bravo :D My guess it others aren't experiencing this. Have you tried right clicking on the desktop to see if auto arrange is on?

Garyjk

just wondering if you tried setting the postion, logging off and then logging back in to see if they stick?

OP
B

bikeazoid

Thanks GaryJK and J5150, it's not. Funny thing is, I have experienced this before, with rdp sessions, but that was more consistent, this is just.... not. If I log of and log on, it's OK, but if I'm off for a few hours, it gets shuffled. they go the left, but not the far left, not like "auto arrange".

Again, if I get delt one bum card, I should be thankfull on the ease of this one. Thanks for responding.

Russ

if I'm off for a few hours, it gets shuffled. they go the left, but not the far left, not like "auto arrange".

Bikeazoid --

Mine does that, so there's nothing wrong with your machine. I usually take it to bed to read for a while, and when I turn it on the next morning, some of my icons have moved to the left. I never cared enough to try to figure out why. I figure icons are like children, sometimes you just have to love them the way they are.

Take care,
Russ

Garyjk

I notice the desktop icons move if you change the screen orientation. I've now positioned them in a way that they revert back to the way they were in landscape after I rotate it to portrait.