What's new

IE 11 and Google

kristalsoldier

Is there a problem with how Google results are being rendered in IE 11? In my case, at least, there seems to be. See attached pic. Btw, I have added Google to the compatibility list (I did not have to do this in 8.0!). And, this is happening in both the desktop and the MUI versions of IE 11.

Attachments

• Weird1.jpg
    Weird1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 953

TagsxA

Yep, I have this exact same issue. It works fine in any other browser, but is broken in the Metro and desktop version of IE.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It appears that Google isn't reading the Browser String correctly, akin to what Facebook was doing last week. Microsoft or Google will fix it in couple of days, in the meantime Bing is all updated for IE 11 :)

If I get dome time today I can look at the Browser String File and change it to see if I can get Google to render correctly, I didn't notice because I've abandoned all Google Services about 4 years ago.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

It appears that Google isn't reading the Browser String correctly, akin to what Facebook was doing last week. Microsoft or Google will fix it in couple of days, in the meantime Bing is all updated for IE 11 :)

If I get dome time today I can look at the Browser String File and change it to see if I can get Google to render correctly, I didn't notice because I've abandoned all Google Services about 4 years ago.

Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like Google is now correctly reading the Browser String correctly, I was just about to try to fix it myself... oh well all is right with those that need Google Search and peace was restored to the internet... oh wait never mind.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Thanks. Yeah. I just checked and things are working fine now. I really must get out of this Google universe. The most problematic one will be Gmail - I don't know how to manage (1) moving all my mail to Outlook.com and (2) how to inform the contact that the Gmail is no longer what I am looking at. If I could, I would - Google is pissing me off to no end recently!!!!!