What's new

IE backswipe caching?

kotten

Seemless transition between the current page and the previous page through storing the previous in the memory would be awesome. However i don't believe there's an option for it. Instead everytime you swipe back the page is reloaded. I believe desktop browsers do this to a certain extent, but would having it on the surface be a too big of a memory hog?

R0bR

I believe it already caches, even though it looks like it reloads it doesn't actually refresh the page. Either that or it's a bug.

pwaggs

Seemless transition between the current page and the previous page through storing the previous in the memory would be awesome. However i don't believe there's an option for it. Instead everytime you swipe back the page is reloaded. I believe desktop browsers do this to a certain extent, but would having it on the surface be a too big of a memory hog?

It is a bug that has been mentioned in here a few times. Very annoying. Different behavior from the back arrow. This was brought up week one and reported to MS on their support site. It shows up now as being acknowledged with no further details. I'll look for links to the previous threads shortly.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...last-page-swipe-last-page-arrow.html#post7112

OP
K

kotten

Omni

Ive now got used to swipping up and tapping back. To be honest this easier than swipping across the whole screen.

R0bR

Ive now got used to swipping up and tapping back. To be honest this easier than swipping across the whole screen.

You don't need to swipe the whole screen to get it to go back, I swipe back using my thumb and it works fine. Actually it's more like a flick.

MSurfaceWA

Shame it doesn't work properly, its an awesome function and I enjoy using it but it sucks that it refreshes every time.

OP
K

kotten

Also, you can press with 2 fingers anywhere in the IE screen and it will have the same function as swiping up from bottom, or down from top. Just noticed this.