What's new

IE Icon is gone

jamesdinwiddie

After the latest firmware upgrade, my Internet Explorer icon has disappeared from the start screen. I tried to search for internet explorer and no results. But... I still can access IE by clicking on shortcuts I have pinned to my start screen.

Not only that, but IE does not appear when I pull out my active apps menu from the left side of the screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

olimjj

After the latest firmware upgrade, my Internet Explorer icon has disappeared from the start screen. I tried to search for internet explorer and no results. But... I still can access IE by clicking on shortcuts I have pinned to my start screen.

Not only that, but IE does not appear when I pull out my active apps menu from the left side of the screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

At the Start screen Click on the encapsulated down arrow on the extreme lower left of your screen. Locate Internet Explorer from the list. Right click on it, and from the choices provided, choose either pin to start or find in start, whichever is applicable.

GoodBytes

Do the following:
Win+X -> Select: Programs and Features.
Then from the left side column, click on Turn Windows Feature on or off
Then on the panel that will open, look for Internet Explorer 11.

-> If the box is uncheck, check it, click OK, and restart your computer when asked
-> If the box is checked already, uncheck it, click OK, restart when asked. Then repeat the process again, and this time check the box. (This will essentially re-install IE11)

olimjj

Or you, can start IE from your shortcuts. Choose Tools, Internet Options, Programs ,Set associations, Select all save, Set Programs,Set your default Programs, find IE and make it your default.