What's new

IE11 intermittently not loading pages

ChiGGz

IE shows a blank page on previously working tabs, new tabs etc. Happens to all sorts of pages so there's no particular pattern other than if I have more than 3 tabs loaded-- which I always do so that might not even be it. The only solution is to restart the browser all together.

I only have the last pass extension loaded and everything else is default. 64 Bit process for enhance protection is disabled. Latest IE with "Install new versions automatically" enabled.

Inexcusable in this day and age that a browser that has been around THIS long has this kind of issue.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem? I've seen this issue on 3 different SP3s.

mmoss2

Yes - I've had the same thing happen. I installed chrome because I use Surface for work - some of our applications are web-based and I can't have an unreliable browser ...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The classic its not me its you. Your experience is nothing like mine, I have no problems using IE and I'm all over the Internet.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've frequently seen this. From tabs flat not loading, to clicking a link, changing tab to read something else while that one loads, to find that the other tab has stopped loading and is just sat where it previously was (the webpage with the link, or the blank page tab because it didn't load the website i just typed in and hit enter on)

zhenya

I have the same issue. It happens every few days. I tend to keep a lot of tabs open and keep the browser open for days at a time. Eventually IE just stops loading new pages and I have to restart the browser.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I believe I had this problem way back in October when I was still on Windows 8.1 .
By watching network traffic, I concluded that the problem was IE bookmarks and settings syncing with OneDrive, likely causing some unresolveable conflict.

So I did this:
1. Uncheck "Web browser settings" in PC Settings, Accounts, Sync settings
2. Log off.
3. Log back on.
4. Start IE, Internet Options, General tab, Browsing history Delete... Delete
5. Log off.
6. Log back on.
7. Recheck "Web browser settings" in PC Settings, Accounts, Sync settings

Give it a go and let us know.

OP
C

ChiGGz

I believe I had this problem way back in October when I was still on Windows 8.1 .
By watching network traffic, I concluded that the problem was IE bookmarks and settings syncing with OneDrive, likely causing some unresolved conflict.

Suprisingly, ever since I did the Samsung SSD update, I haven't had the issue yet. Web Browsing as a whole has gotten better...I don't even have choppy scrolling anymore. Time will tell, the second I get the blank page load I'll try out your suggestion.

warrenlj

I have also been having blank pages intermitantly and blinking pages. Tech support had me reset the sp3 by holding the power button down for 60 sec. and the sp3 worked better for a few days then it started to do the same. I also have lots of tabs open usually. seems to be e11. As per above I donot find "PC Settings, Accounts, Sync settings" on the sp3. Thanks

warrenlj

The setting is now moved to OneDrive, so its "PC Settings, OneDrive, Sync settings"
Thanks for the above. One more issue. regarding the procedure above, how do you log on / off on an SP3? no options like this under power settings.