What's new

If you could do it again... 32 or 64?

If you could do it again, would you get a 32gb or 64gb?

• 32gb

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 64gb

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

guitar1969

I bought the 64Gb day one, knowing space would be an issue at some point. Even with another 64gb in the Micro SD, that is still only 128Gb which is not that much considering how big some of the apps are (Look how big Adera is). On my other devices (Android phone, Ipod touch) I am at the wall on space and I hate having to play that game of trying to make space.

What I love is how all the Apple fanboys were so quick to point out how when you buy the Surface you don't get all the useable space - Maybe because they can't understand the concept that MS lets you use an Micros SD card too to expand space - something Apple will never do.

pallentx

Well, I cant say about if I did it again, but I just ordered a 32GB. I currently have an iPad and its not even full, so I dont expect to need more storage on the Surface. Most of my storage on the iPad is music and pictures - those can be easily placed on an SD card on the Surface.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Well, I thought I would be fine with a 32GB but ended up pulling the trigger on 64GB. Last weekend I went to an MS store while on business travel and liked what I saw. I was still going to wait to pull the trigger though. Then my bank was offering 14% discount to Staples which just got the Surface and has them in stock down the street. How could I refuse?

After going back and forth I finally went with the 64GB since I was getting about $100 back anyway. Now I just need to go pick it up!

JP

ZachBui

i would of gone with the 64gb model, but I can't complain, I'm still happy with my 32gb model and the expandable memory =)

robertsurface

Think I should have went with 64kb. Checked my disk space and I only have 10gb left. I only added Netflix and Hydro Thunder apps so far. Does all the preloaded apps on the start page take up lots of space?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Think I should have went with 64kb. Checked my disk space and I only have 10gb left. I only added Netflix and Hydro Thunder apps so far. Does all the preloaded apps on the start page take up lots of space?

No, but the built in recovery does. You can free up 4GB of space by moving the recovery to a microSD or USB stick. Be careful though because if you need to restore your device after you remove the recovery files from it you have to use the recovery SD card or USB stick you create. Totally worth it if you do need the space and take the time to know what you are doing. http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...how-free-up-4-gigabytes-storage-space-rt.html

JP

joga

Aw: If you could do it again... 32 or 64?

I had a Surface 32 Gb first which i send back for "unknown" reasons. Now i'm back with the Surface 64 Gb. The App size will grow over time, and there is not a lot of free space at the 32 Gb version. The expandable memory is great, but cant be used to install Apps.

I bought the 32GB and added a 32GB memory card. Not at all unhappy with this setup, but if I were to do it again I think I would buy the 64GB.

ZachBui

^ I feel the same, but at the moment I have a 32gb card, so I'm going to get a 64gb one soon =) Then move some applications files to the sd card to save space on my surface drive.