What's new

If you could do it again... 32 or 64?

If you could do it again, would you get a 32gb or 64gb?

• 32gb

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • 64gb

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

ARosch

So I have been asking myself this question lately and I thought I would see what others had to say and why. If you could do it again, would you buy the 32gb or the 64gb?

Please note that I am not asking if you would buy the Surface again, I am asking what size you would buy.

TrentonT

Got my 32G on Nov the 2nd. Have not regreted it at all. At the very first I thought I should have gone with the 64 but with the help of this forum I have a 64 G Sd card and all my large files on it.
Adding Music -Video-Docs-pics and Downloads was easy. No space issues since.

bosamar

I purchased two 32GB and two type covers on Black Friday. Also picked up two 32GB microSD. The inability to purchase a 64GB without a typecover was the deal breaker for me.

mrspidernz

While I haven't received my Surface yet (damn postal service), I would still purchase the 32GB version, as there is the room for expansion via the micro-SD card slot - you can even plug in an external drive if you have to!

I purchased the 32GB and then found out apps could not yet be installed on the SD card so I took it back to get the 64GB. I love my surface and just didn't want to be frustrated by the lack of space I can install apps. I plan to buy a 128GB SD card when they are cheap and so that would bring it up 192GB which is more than my netbook had with its solid state drive of only 64GB. Have I mentioned I love my surface! Just wish the media wasn't so nitpicky on it because it truly is a better device than the ipad.

Last edited:
OP
ARosch

ARosch

Haha, glad to see everyone is so happy with their Surface. Thanks for all of the replies :)

Last edited:

compnovo

I'm a little late to the party here (I just voted) but I wanted to throw in my two cents worth...
When I made the decision to purchase a Surface RT I also decided to finally treat myself and get the maximum tablet options. I figured if I was going to spend the money for a premium machine (something I've never done before, I've always built my own desktops and bought budget portables) I was going to go for it all. So yes, if I had it to do over again I would do the same and buy the 64GB model.

(Side note: I didn't opt for the spendier Type cover because I liked the concept of the Touch cover more, so I guess I went a bit budget there.)

Bruce

I originally purchased the 32GB Surface, but after having it for a week and downloading some apps, I took it back and got the 64GB instead. You can never have too much storage. :)