What's new

If you delete the apps that came with the tablet how do you get them back?

GreatWindows

Hello ladies and gents, i erased a couple of apps that came with my Surface RT and i am wondering how i can get some back...i looked in the app store but they dont show up.

Nutball

You should be able to go to the Store, search for the app and reload it. It should indicate you already own the app - you just need to reinstall it. I did this with numerous apps when I switched app storage to my SD card.

TrentonT

If it was the office 2013 your only choice may be a Restore. Any "APP" on the system should be found in the Store, Try the My Apps option and it will only show what you have or have had on your Surface.

Last edited:
OP
GreatWindows

GreatWindows

Lol what a fail..........so the only way to get the metro IE app is if you put the default browser to IE....I use chrome for desktop, why cant i use IE in metro?

bosamar

Lol what a fail..........so the only way to get the metro IE app is if you put the default browser to IE....I use chrome for desktop, why cant i use IE in metro?

I'm confused (I know that easy to do). You deleted IE from your RT then expected to run Chrome?