What's new

I'm glad someone decided to invent the laptop

zomnomnombie

This is exactly what was missing from the world.

All facetiousness aside, I think this is going to be popular provided they don't screw up on apps. I would like a fully curated store from Microsoft but they should offer the ability to allow any Windows program to run.

Ollie

Most applications should run in compatibility mode on the Win8 version. Some may struggle due to high resource demand ie PhotoShop.

Welcome to the forum!

J515OP

Super Moderator
A really thin and light laptop with a removable keyboard, multi-touch screen and digitizer pen ;) Don't need another laptop? Great news you can get a "traditional" tablet that runs Windows 8 instead :p

Frederuco

Super Moderator
DVD's on portable equipment are so 2000-late.

Personally, I prefer using microSD's. Mechanical drives that spin kill batteries fast. My tablet will allow me to watch non-stop movies for about 15 hours before the batteries die on it from microSD's Using a mechanical hard drive via USB, more like 7-8 hours. Not sure about a DVD drvie, but it should do the same or less.

My work laptop will rock out about 4 hours doing normal work, a DVD will cut it down to less than 2.5.

I just use DVD Catalyst to rip my movies to mp4 format and I can get lots of them in a nice little 64 GB microSD card.