What's new

I'm Waiting for You SP3

Ozozuz

#VeryBadEnglishIncoming

Hi all guys, i'm new in this forum fell in love for the Surface Pro 3, i hope that you can help me with a few questions that i would like to solve before buying this amazing machine!
In a few months I will be a college student and I think the surface is the perfect product to replace my: big "even if powerful" and "#notverysexy" notebook.
I am interested in i5 128gb version, also because the others are a little too expensive for me :C, btw...

I would like to know if, on the surface pro 3 is installed a custom W8.1 version, Or if I had the need I could easily format and reinstall from usb any iso?

I've read many problems about the excessive throttling of the sp3 that in very demanding apps makes the performance of the sp3 lower than the sp2,
Do you thing that's something that can and will be solved in the future with some update or 'just an characteristic of the device?

I will not buy the sp3 to play game or make bencmark, but since i'm going to pay around 1000€ for a device, i would like to be able to play game like League of Legend, The Walking dead, etc, etc with no problems at all :D

joga

#VeryBadEnglishIncoming

Hi all guys, i'm new in this forum fell in love for the Surface Pro 3, i hope that you can help me with a few questions that i would like to solve before buying this amazing machine!
In a few months I will be a college student and I think the surface is the perfect product to replace my: big "even if powerful" and "#notverysexy" notebook.
I am interested in i5 128gb version, also because the others are a little too expensive for me :C, btw...

I would like to know if, on the surface pro 3 is installed a custom W8.1 version, Or if I had the need I could easily format and reinstall from usb any iso?

I've read many problems about the excessive throttling of the sp3 that in very demanding apps makes the performance of the sp3 lower than the sp2,
Do you thing that's something that can and will be solved in the future with some update or 'just an characteristic of the device?

I will not buy the sp3 to play game or make bencmark, but since i'm going to pay around 1000€ for a device, i would like to be able to play game like League of Legend, The Walking dead, etc, etc with no problems at all :D

The SP3 is running W8.1 Pro, no special or custom version.

If you want to get some more free space on your ssd you can move the recovery partition to an usb drive and reinstall your SP3 from the usb drive. Be sure to store your usb drive in a safe place.

joga

OP
O

Ozozuz

Welcome to the site. Someone should come along soon to give you some info.

Ty :D

The SP3 is running W8.1 Pro, no special or custom version.

If you want to get some more free space on your ssd you can move the recovery partition to an usb drive and reinstall your SP3 from the usb drive. Be sure to store your usb drive in a safe place.

joga

I asked that because in some video i saw that during the first boot windows ask to configure the pen, but i'm happy to hear that !

About 3d performance and throttling ? Is downvolting a valid and secure solution for daily use ? :C