What's new

Images / Photos App

twoelfer

hi.

After launching the Images app and then selecting the local Images (those stored in the machine), it Displays an Image for each Folder as well as the Image Count for each Folder. However, for some Folders only an emty Grey rectangle is displayed.

does anyone know how to force it to
a) Display an Image instead of the Grey rectangle
b) Select the Image that should be displayed for the Folder?

Thanks,
-thomas

ArnoldC

Are you using Junctions? If so, change to mounted volumes.

Re-index. Charms-> Search-> Index (in Settings)

OP
T

twoelfer

i don't know what junctions or mounted volumes are. i simply created Folders inside the Image library and copied the Images into those.

i did search for the re-index command; found it; executed it. now i have other Folders where the app only Displays a Grey rectangle.

any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
-thomas

ArnoldC

c:\users\thomas\Pictures

You mentioned you're not aware of mounted volumes so this is a mystery for me, as that problem only manifests in that configuration. How about uninstalling the app, rebooting and installing it again?

This is the problem?

Screenshot25_zps35dc0081.png

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

The grey boxes usually means an empty folder. Once a picture is placed inside, the grey box goes away. This has worked for me, don't know about anyone else.

ArnoldC

The grey boxes usually means an empty folder. Once a picture is placed inside, the grey box goes away. This has worked for me, don't know about anyone else.

Edit:

In my photo those are folders that were Deleted from a mounted volume.

Last edited: