What's new

Images / Photos App

MikeyT

I have the same issue with some of my folders. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app helped, but there are still some folders that are just grey, despite there being photos inside when I look at them from my computer.

I'm not sure if it's linked, but in the photos app I have synced my facebook photos, and most of the folders have the cover image, but very few folders allow me to see any other photos in the album. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Is there any way to 'refresh' the sync?

ArnoldC

I have sync'ed Facebook, SkyDrive, Flickr, and my Acer notebook with the Photo application.

Screenshot79_zps413f6550.png

This is SkyDrive, and the first folder is *really* empty.

Screenshot77_zps3215385c.png

This is Facebook, and as you will notice, it is able to see 175 folders and I can see photos on all of them.

Screenshot80_zpsf57a1828.png

This is from Flickr, and I can view all folders and their contents.

Screenshot81_zpsc793a0c4.png

I can also see photos from my other PC (notebook) running the desktop SkyDrive. (There is warning on the photo that it cannot connect because I removed the SkyDrive application on the PC)

Screenshot82_zps9075a138.png

I really like this application, BUT...

When working with files on the SD card, it is somewhat screwed.

1. If the SD card is referenced from a Junction and does not have folders, it's perfect.
2. If the SD card is referenced from a Junction and have folders, we get the grey placeholders.
3. If the SD card is referenced as a mounted volume and does not have folders, it's perfect.
4. If the SD card is referenced as a mounted volume and contain folders, we get the grey placeholders when *deleting* entire folder. Takes a while, i.e., overnight, to refresh.
5. If local SSD drive is used, it's perfect for any situation.

And that's the reason I'm interested to find out what is causing this issue as reported by the OP.

MikeyT

My facebook folder looks like yours. The cover photos are all there, but can you see every photo in each album?