What's new

Imaging 100 SP3s with domain accounts

ComputerFlake

Is there a way (and program) to put a SP3 on a domain and make an image of it that could be rolled out to 99 more SP3s and then allow a name change on each device to comply with domain usage? I have to setup 100 (eventually 700!) SP3s for a school and I need an efficient way to do it using domain accounts. Thanks in advance.

malberttoo

Is there a way (and program) to put a SP3 on a domain and make an image of it that could be rolled out to 99 more SP3s and then allow a name change on each device to comply with domain usage? I have to setup 100 (eventually 700!) SP3s for a school and I need an efficient way to do it using domain accounts. Thanks in advance.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Do you have any experience doing a deployment on a large scale? What is your server environment like?

Here is a deployment guide specific to the SP3, should at least give you some idea of where to begin...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45292

OP
C

ComputerFlake

The guide is 165 pages. I'm looking for some real-world advice from someone who has done this successfully. Have you ever done a large deployment to SP3s before?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
All of us who have used the guide....or came to a forum like this one and we told them to consult the guide. If you have Config Manager is easier, if not use the MDT.

OP
C

ComputerFlake

I understand asking people to consult the guide and I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just asking for ideas from those who have done this before. I do appreciate the help but reading 165 pages isn't as helpful as someone pointing me in the direction of what I really need.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I understand asking people to consult the guide and I'm not trying to be difficult. I'm just asking for ideas from those who have done this before. I do appreciate the help but reading 165 pages isn't as helpful as someone pointing me in the direction of what I really need.
OK....maybe you would prefer to watch the guide:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015/BRK3327

Sorry - with modern OS and hardware old school deployments are detrimental and usually end in failure, these two resources are designed to prevent that. We could walk you through all the steps but we would just laying out the steps found in the documentation. You don't need to read the whole guide, just the part that matches or closely matches your deployment options.

malberttoo

I completely get that you're not trying to be difficult. At the same time, if you're not even passingly familiar with SCCM, then you should do some Googling in that regard. You're asking for information that is too broad and too much to bang out in a forum post.

OP
C

ComputerFlake

I'm certainly Googling SCCM because I've got a lot of catching up to do. I appreciate the help and I don't want it to come across as arrogant. I just need some direction so I don't spin my wheels in a direction that isn't necessary. I got this giant project dumped into my lap and I'm trying to get it done as quickly and as efficiently as I can. Always fun to have happen :)