What's new

In need of a US-EN 8.0 recovery image

mace2442

I tried 8.1 Preview on my RT without sucess
no network is one of the issues - the pro still on 8.0 can connect and so could the RT on 8.0 so its not the net but something in 8.1 that creates the problem.

therefore I'm looking for a 8.0 EN-US to recover the device.
I did make one myself before installing 8.1 but I didn't check that it was written correctly - It wasn't. The USB device is empty.....
I know I could send it to MS but that means that I will be without it for most of my vacation and my RT is new blank and without any scratches,
A replacement unit Could be in any shape.

It would be much better with a recovery image and yes I do know how to load it onto the device regardless of MS saying that it can't be done.
That statement is simply not true (at least not if you haven't bitlocker encrypterd the drive)
I know that there are EN-GB images available but since my RT is a US device i would like to have the image it was shipped with

Omni

If you did an 'Remove everything and install Windows' would that just reinstall 8.1? Even if it did it could still fix your issue.

OP
M

mace2442

If you did an 'Remove everything and install Windows' would that just reinstall 8.1? Even if it did it could still fix your issue.

Yes, it reinstalls 8.1 (MS earlier said that they wouldn't upgrade the recovery partition but they changed that)
Reinstalling 8.1 doesn't fix the problem. Tried at least four times.
Since The W7 box I'm typing this on is running om the same wireless network that the RT no longer can connect to I'm convinced it's a bug in 8.1
Therefore I need an 8.0 image to fix it.

Omni

Did you delete the old ones first before installing my ones? Otherwise it would just use the newest and ignore them.

Russ

Didn't help though. Still no network :(

Mace --

I also have an RT. I you haven't solved the problem and still need a recovery image, I could upload one to my website and send you download instructions.

Let me know.

Regards,
Russ

OP
M

mace2442

Mace --

I also have an RT. I you haven't solved the problem and still need a recovery image, I could upload one to my website and send you download instructions.

Let me know.

Regards,
Russ

I would most grateful if you could do that since I still have the problem.

OP
M

mace2442

I actually booted winPE/re and replaced them from there to make sure that they really got replaced on disk.

Russ

I would most grateful if you could do that since I still have the problem.

Mace --

I created a recovery drive for the RT, zipped it and am uploading. I didn't tell you that I am on a very slow DSL back here in the woods, and my upload speed is sorta like watching grass grow. I have a dinner date in Atlanta tonight, for which I must leave soon, and from which I shall not return until morning. Post me your email address (Private Message), and I will email you the download instructions Sunday morning.

If you solve the problem in the meantime, just let me know.

Take care,
Russ