What's new

In store availability

astroroxy

Will the book be available in stores tomorrow in limited supply. Store near me is always dead, hoping to be lucky and pick one up.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would expect that they will have plenty of lower priced SKUs and fewer and fewer as you go up in configuration....

OP
A

astroroxy

I called, and they said they won't have them available tomorrow. Only if people do not pickup their pre order within 48 hours. I did not know you could pre order in store.
I was hoping to pick up the base dgpu

OP
A

astroroxy

Yea, launch day of sp2 I walked in and out getting it without issue. No one was there, its like there was no launch day.

Cobalt Wraith

But then I would not get my student discount.

They price match actually, just show them the price from the education portal on microsftstore.com. Preorders just went up on their website for in store pickup today, so I'm going that route instead of waiting 6 weeks. Also helps that they have an option of rewards or financing, and you can bring the device in to a MS store to still get their superior warrantee if you prefer.

Cobalt Wraith

hmm I hate bb though. I wonder if I should go to the microsoftstore or bb at opening.

Depends on if you want one tomorrow or not ;) I prefer Microsoft myself, but every single one of their opening day units are ALWAYS called for. If it makes you feel better the margins are always in the services, so just go pick up any accessories from Microsoft since those at least should still be in stock :) Oh! And there is supposed to be some fun swag at the Microsoft stores, but I don't know if that is only for people who buy or not... I hope not, since the store near me is getting very limited inventory.