What's new

Inaccuracy Problem near the Taskbar?

Ricochet90

I've had 2 surface pro with the same problem.

It doesn't matter how much I calibrate it and the methods, there seems to be a zone of the surface (at the center near the bottom, where the taskbar is) that always seems to be inaccurate.

I know about the corner problems, but I fixed it calibrating using the wacom drivers, but as I said it doesn't matter how much I calibrate that zone always seems to be inaccurate.

I don't think this is a hardware problem because as I said I had 2 surface pro (one with the 4200u processor and the other one with the 4300u) and both have this problem.

There's a way to fix this? Or I just need to accept it?

This is a pic of the problem.

WP_20140329_004.jpg

Dayton

Accept it, common issue with a Wacom device, Google it and you'll see. You can try using the Wacom Feel driver and see if that is any better and I do notice that my Wacom Bamboo stylus is more accurate than the pack in one.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You'll get less offset with the skinny Wacom Stylus (like the S pen or the VivioTab Note 8) it has to do to the coil in the pen and how far it is from the Nibs. The larger stylus have larger offsets. You can make the offset less by doing the 80+ Point Calibration (see Surface Tweak Tool thread).

OP
R

Ricochet90

You'll get less offset with the skinny Wacom Stylus (like the S pen or the VivioTab Note 8) it has to do to the coil in the pen and how far it is from the Nibs. The larger stylus have larger offsets. You can make the offset less by doing the 80+ Point Calibration (see Surface Tweak Tool thread).

So do you think that if I buy the Wacom bamboo stylus the accuracy will be better?

I don't know why Microsoft is so cheap regarding the pen,I know many other people that uses the surface to draw and they say that the pen that comes with the SF2 is of bad quality,I think I just confirmed that.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So do you think that if I buy the Wacom bamboo stylus the accuracy will be better?

I don't know why Microsoft is so cheap regarding the pen,I know many other people that uses the surface to draw and they say that the pen that comes with the SF2 is of bad quality,I think I just confirmed that.

These offsets have plagued Wacom Digitizers since I started using them in 2002, I have the Feel and it is about the same. The Surface Stylus is actually one of the better ones.