What's new

Incipio Roosevelt Folio Case Review (SP3)

bulls96

Thought I'd share my experience and thoughts on this.

Was looking for a nice leather folio case for the surface. I've gone thru a lot of those cheaper ones on eBay and amazon w my first surface so I decided I wanted something more quality this time. So I got this and I got it for around $40.

First the good. Its just the quality of the material. It is real nice and top notch. I don't think it adds that much bulk to the surface (better expect it will though if you are looking for one). I thought for the price its a nice high quality product. The pen holder and the ability to use the kickstand is a plus.

That's the only thing I liked about it.

THe bad.

The locking mechanism - it's HORRIBLE. I don't know who ever thought this will work. it attaches to the type cover very loosely and it will easily get disentangle with any kind of maneuvering. I use my SP3 as a tablet quite often and remove the type cover and reverse it. There was no way I could figure out how to do all that without it detaching from the case.
The kickstand - there is no way to use the SP3 without having to spread the case apart, so you really occupy a lot of space if you are using it as a laptop.

I gave it over a week try and finally said it is not working for me and just annoys me every time I try to use it so I finally returned it.

So this is a DONT BUY!!

Attachments

• WP_20141124_008.jpg
    WP_20141124_008.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 3,334
  • WP_20141124_001.jpg
    WP_20141124_001.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 3,552
  • WP_20141124_002.jpg
    WP_20141124_002.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 2,487
  • WP_20141124_004.jpg
    WP_20141124_004.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 1,697

benjitek

Anything with an elastic band indicates laziness in the design process -- and this has a big old one of those ;-)

Spicydicy

Damn it! I just purchased it from Amazon!

I'm sick and tired of crappy eBay cardboard wrapped in fake leather.

Pulled the trigger on it. Even if it isn't the best it's going to be miles better than the garbage I have right now.

abc

I have one and like it. The fold out to rest the kickstand on is great in your lap to keep the surface stable. I don't understand the complaint about having to turn it around to use as a tablet. I just remove the surface from the magnetic type cover, and return it when finished using tablet mode. Nothing has to be undone or type cover switched around.

TheJokker

I got one because it was free with my order and because the Freedom Case was out of stock for the SP3. It's better than I expected and I actually quite like it.

OP
bulls96

bulls96

I have one and like it. The fold out to rest the kickstand on is great in your lap to keep the surface stable. I don't understand the complaint about having to turn it around to use as a tablet. I just remove the surface from the magnetic type cover, and return it when finished using tablet mode. Nothing has to be undone or type cover switched around.

Doesn't the type cover get dislodged from the brace when u remove the surface? Mine always did and that's what frustrated me the most.

abc

Mine works fine. I don't see any way the type cover could dislodge if installed properly. once I snapped down the little black wire clip, it is almost impossible to undo, which keeps the typecover very secure. Are you sure you connected things correctly?

Spicydicy

I had the same issue with it coming unattached easily.

Turned out I didn't have the black clips opened and the keyboard locked into place with them.

Once I figured that out, I've had zero issues and have to say this is the perfect case for what my needs are.

Redguard

Ditto.

I have one and like it as well and do the same things as ABC has mentioned.

5parky

I have no problem using the surface in any mode.
If space is restricted the rear cover can fold under the keyboard and the stand can still be used.
When using in tablet mode, reverse the surface on the keyboard, shift the keyboard a little nearer to the hinge and fold the rear cover back.
I can post pics if anyone wants to see.