What's new

Ink disappears in OneNote 2013 on SP3 Windows 10

MitigationElf

I am a student and a paralegal. I constantly take notes using my stylus in OneNote 2013 in class and in meetings. I recently upgraded from my SP to SP3. Since upgrading to the SP3, I am having major issues taking notes. After writing three to four words, the ink will stop "sticking" to the OneNote page. I end up having to close the app - sometimes rebooting - and then opening up and rewriting half of what I already wrote. By that point I have missed a lot and it is no longer worth taking notes in OneNote.

Sometimes the "non-sticky" ink will stay put and when I close OneNote or open another program, the ink is in the sam location and does not move. Other times the ink just disappears all together. Other times it disappears and then reappears.

Any help is appreciated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This is a known issue with OneNote desktop in Windows 10, so far 10049 has been better....

Nummer35

But you have to synchronize your workbooks with one drive?! You can't edit a notebook which is only stored on your surface pro 3?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
But you have to synchronize your workbooks with one drive?! You can't edit a notebook which is only stored on your surface pro 3?

You can edit anything you like if it is stored on the surface (and it is then saved to your notebook on the surface). You do need onenote sync though for a page or note to sync between mui onenote and desktop onenote (i don't see why they can't just allow offline syncing on the same machine, very annoying given i don't have internet at home so have to wait to get to the library before my notes will sync up to onenote 2013). You do not need to be connected to onedrive to use onenote, only to sync to the cloud for retreival from other machines (or other version of application)