What's new

Insiders NEW build released

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I installed it, but not before the cumulative windows update borked my machine and upon logging in got a desktop.ini inaccessible and the machine was unusable, couldn't access anything other than task manager and couldn't run explorer. Many restarts and drunk shouting and I've woken up to it working again and installing the update.

edit: Have just gone to update, and upon it checking for new updates, has found 10152 again and is downloading and installing it a second time :/

Last edited:

Nicola

I have noticed one improvement.
I use the picture login and before I had to wait for the login screen to "blink" before I could login. Now it is solved.
Before sequence was:
- pull up the curtain
- wait 1 sec
- image blinks
- "type" the image password

Now:
- pull up curtain
- "type" the image password

Installed it, wouldn't activate (build 10240 was activated) reverted back to 10240 as I saw that lots of other users couldn't activate either. I'll hold off on updating my SP3 until my other laptop can activate. The watermark has returned, too, with an expiration date in winver.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
All of the Insider Builds are evaluation versions and will activate when the release version is installed ....

Nicola

Capture.PNG
All of the Insider Builds are evaluation versions and will activate when the release version is installed ....
It did activate for me!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't even tell if mine is activated on not, because mine just tries to install 10525 every day. goes through the whole download, install, and then reboot setup without a hitch, then next morning I find myself on 10240 with 10525 available to download in Update.

leeshor

It seems that Microsoft is periodically having issues with the activation servers/ Lot's of people hitting it at the same time.