What's new

Installation questions

Arizona Willie

Mine just arrived and I have plugged it up but have not turned it on.
The light on the power connector is blue.
Does it change color when it is fully charged / charging?

The instructions ( such as they are ) just say to plug it in and turn it on.
No mention of charging the battery first.
Should I charge it first?
How long does it take?

I downloaded the user guide, but it really doesn't tell you much about getting started as far as battery operation goes.

Last edited:

ZachBui

Mine just arrived and I have plugged it up but have not turned it on.
The light on the power connector is blue.
Does it change color when it is fully charged / charging?
I believe it stays the same color

The instructions ( such as they are space ) just say to plug it in and turn it on.
No mention of charging the battery first.
Should I charge it first?
How long does it take?
Usually when you get a product, it is half charged sometimes. To be safe you can turn it on while it is charging.

So it's safe to turn it on and start playing with it =)

Cowboy

That light is just an electrical connection indicator. It stays on when the battery is charged 100% and goes off when you disconnect the charger or the power connector.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yep, the light is the indicator the charger is properly connected. It indicates nothing about the charging cycle or state of charge itself and doesn't not change color, blink or provide any other feedback. On if connected and charging, off if not connected or not charging (e.g. not plugged into the wall).

Question 2 is really a trick question. Charge time would depend on how much charge your device came with and you wouldn't be able to know that without turning it on ;) Fortunately, as has already been said, you can turn it on while it is charging for the first time. Charge time from empty to full is about 2.5-3 hours for future reference.