What's new

Intel Core M - Lenovo Yoga Pro 3

Aegeas

It is interesting looking, but I like my devices without pre-installed chinese malware. I'm picky like that. I'll take my gear from someone that at least admits they are spying on you.

Liam2349

Nice laptop - Still wouldn't take it over Surface though.

The tablet is weird - and only 3 hours of battery life for the projector... what's the point? It's basically tethered to the charging cable. Plus, Android.

mitchellvii

Nope, so game over right then and there. They should paint that hinge black, damn that's ugly.

I agree. When I bought my SP3 I was considering waiting on the Y3P instead, but when I heard they were going to drop the ball and leave out the stylus (once again) I decided to abandon Lenovo once and for all. Yes I know they want to force me into their more pricey Thinkpad lineup, but that only comes with a 1080p screen.

Anyway I agree, massive fail. Lost my business.

OP
RémiM

RémiM

The tablet is weird - and only 3 hours of battery life for the projector... what's the point? It's basically tethered to the charging cable. Plus, Android.

Agree with you concerning the battery, but the idea of a projector is excellent. And if they push it, i.e. good resolution + battery life, it could become a major plus for a tablet. I mean, watching Breaking Bad again in my bed and displaying the movie on my ceiling would definitely charm me.

Concerning Android, the real problem is all the shit they put over it. Because if you take a clean Android, such as the one in every Nexus device, it's in my opinion the best OS for a mobile device.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too many Yoga products with completely different designs and OSs; and analysts were confused by two Surfaces. :eek: they should have at least called one Yogi or Yoda :)

Sven

Got my SP3 128gb i5 today, Lenovo T440p is ready for the bin. Cannot believe the bloatware Lenovo put onto their products, the surface feels like a breath of fresh air in comparison ....

Mikewired

One important thing for me coming from a mac, track pad control! I have recently owned the yoga pro 2 and the sp3 at the same time. Without a doubt the sp3's track pad is smooth and precise. I also zoom a lot in internet explorer and zooming in IE on the yoga pro 2 is awful. I am not sure what Microsoft did to get precise control but it's the closest thing to mac track pad control I have found.