What's new

Intel Drivers 15.36.7.64.3960 (Latest) 10/03/2014

drsqueggy

Hey guys! I'm trying to install the latest drivers of the Intel site but not having any luck... Every time I go to update drivers, have disk, its saying "the folder you specified doesn't contain drivers etc". I'm currently on 15.36.3.64.3907 which were released on 8/29/2014 but really want to install the latest drivers. Has anyone else had similar problems with the latest drivers?

mitchellvii

Download the zip file and unpack it. Delete your current drivers and reboot. Go back to the unpacked folder and run the setup.exe and it should work.

raqball

So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Windows (long time Mac user) what's the benefit of using these drivers as opposed to letting Windows update them?

Thanks.

OP
D

drsqueggy

Still no luck.. uninstalled the drivers, rebooted and setup said the drivers were the wrong ones for the system. Also tried updating the drivers from device manager and pointing it to the right folder, nothing.

OP
D

drsqueggy

So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Windows (long time Mac user) what's the benefit of using these drivers as opposed to letting Windows update them?

Thanks.

The Intel drivers are better for gaming, you also get to use the Intel utility thingy which helps with scaling for some games.

tuchas

If you install these drivers, will a driver update from MSFT write over these in the future? And also, will you be messing up any functionality of any kind by installing these drivers? Just want to make sure.

Nuspieds

Most of the content I watch on my SP is done using the DirecTV GenieGO app. A few months ago, I started to experience horrible display issues--especially dark scenes--where it became virtually unwatchable.

I thought it was just one recording but when it happened across multiple recordings, that's when I decided to check for the latest Intel driver. Surely enough, it was more recent than what was delivered by MS and it solved my problem. Since then, I have installed the Intel Driver Update Utility (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect) and I run it from time-to-time, especially after a firmware update.

Knuck

Ive tried every folder... no joy. Has anyone else managed to get these installed?

When you open device manager and select uninstall driver did you check the box that says delete driver from disk? If not check this box, reboot and the setup.exe file should work. Also make sure you right click the HD5000 Win64_15367 folder you downloaded from the Intel graphics download site and right click it and extract it before you try to run setup.