What's new

Intel has NOT begun shipping Broadwell. Damn that timing...

Kif

Asus has a spotty track record regrading tablets. It's usually this would be a great tablet except for that one thing.

equake

Asus has a spotty track record regrading tablets. It's usually this would be a great tablet except for that one thing.

I did own a Transformer Pad 101 once and it had multiple issues with the charging and keyboard attachment. This was a Tegra 2 based Android device mind you.

I am curious about their Hybrid OS devices which allows for switching between Android/Windows.

my 2 cents

leeshor

I am curious about their Hybrid OS devices which allows for switching between Android/Windows.

my 2 cents

Microsoft has essentially killed the idea of (any further), dual boot systems. 2 previously announced ASUS Windows/Android tablets have been taken off the table.

malberttoo

Meh. There is always something to upgrade to. Whenever the Broadwell based SP4 comes out I will get it. Then I will get the Pro 5, 6, 7...so on and so on. Buy, sell, upgrade, repeat. I am very satisfied with the evolution of the SP line so I am happy to have the SP3 for now.

Me too.

drolem

Microsoft can't simply just swap out the CPU, some sort of redesign will be required.
Actually, since the Broadwell is pin compatible and using less power the amount of re-design needed may be zero, or if the dimensions of the CPU are slightly different, then just account for those. It is, after all, designed to be a drop-in replacement, and I expect that once Intel start shipping the final version, MS will have an SP3 out with it probably in no more than a couple of months. The crucial link here is Intel: they found some issues with the current silicon and they need to re-do it.