What's new

Intel Haswell

J515OP

Super Moderator
Now this is really exciting and possibly a big challenge to Windows RT. I really can't wait for the next gen of Intel chips :in love:

We also got an early glimpse of battery performance from Intel's incoming Haswell processor: you can expect to glean 10 hours of use in tablet mode, which is on par with many lower-powered tablets already on the market (think: Atom, ARM, et cetera). Factor in a keyboard battery (at least on this reference device) and you can expect an additional three hours of runtime. Unfortunately, there's still no word on when those next-generation low-power chipsets will arrive, although there's plenty of time till the next big PC show, Computex, rolls into Taipei.

Spaniard

Should we wait to a Haswell Surface Pro with 10 hours of battery life?

According to this:
Haswell surface pro : Surface
The wait can be more than a year, i won't wait :)

iPad and Android tablets are dead.
Forrester: Surface drumming up more demand with global mobile workforce | ZDNet
zdnet-forrester-2013-mobile-workforce-adoption-620x328.jpg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Should we wait to a Haswell Surface Pro with 10 hours of battery life?

Sometimes waiting is good sometimes it means you are always waiting. I pulled the trigger on an RT but I won't get a Pro until the next generation Intel chips are out. Just a matter of priorities and preference.

kristalsoldier

Sometimes waiting is good sometimes it means you are always waiting. I pulled the trigger on an RT but I won't get a Pro until the next generation Intel chips are out. Just a matter of priorities and preference.

I agree! Same motivation led me to also buy the RT.

Codevine

Yeah, that makes me kinda sad. I'll be happy with the current gen of the Surface Pro, though. Just have to wait until end of may...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yeah, that makes me kinda sad. I'll be happy with the current gen of the Surface Pro, though. Just have to wait until end of may...

Or, you could wait for the Surface 3 to be announced June 2014 and shipped May of 2015. I'm sure the specs will be totally worth it ;)

Codevine

I'd buy the Surface Pro any time if it was available. It's just annoying having to wait so long for it to be released. ;)

Spaniard

I'll decide in June:
timeline.png

Edit: i can't take the wait anymore, i accept the risk and i'll buy it in May :cool2:

Last edited: