What's new

Intel HD 4400 control panel?

Megalith

Does anyone know what drivers I can download to access this in order to fix the adaptive brightness issue? I've tried a couple from the Intel site, but none of them want to install.

OP
M

Megalith

Weird, I don't see any option in the Intel HD control panel for adaptive brightness options.

Also, the video tab crashes the program and the 3D tab doesn't show anything.

godson594

Weird, I don't see any option in the Intel HD control panel for adaptive brightness options.

Also, the video tab crashes the program and the 3D tab doesn't show anything.

Try rebooting, mine was crashing until I reboot....

Click the power screen then click "On battery" make sure (display power saving technology) is set to off. I believe you would do this for each different power plan you use...

Let me know if that worked

cheers

OP
M

Megalith

Thanks, that definitely did the trick.

The problem is that I was experiencing the brightness fluctuations when docked and plugged in. Hopefully this still addresses the issue...

numetheus

Do these instructions get me the full Intel HD control panel? I need to adjust ratio settings for my television because the display is past the border.

demandarin

Have any of you guys noticed a higher power drain with the new drivers installed?

Intel generic driver should theoreotically drain a lil more because its not the optimized version like Ms puts out. But for alot, the full HD control panel plus improved graphics performance and compatibility is worth it.

demandarin

Do these instructions get me the full Intel HD control panel? I need to adjust ratio settings for my television because the display is past the border.

Yes it should. Just install latest generic drivers from a link. I think the link is in this thread or you can check out my thread on latest Intel drivers.

OP
M

Megalith

Adaptive brightness seems be on even after installing Intel's latest HD. Why is it that Intel only allows you to change the setting for on-battery? I am clearly getting fluctuations when my unit is docked and plugged in.

eltos_lightfoot

For me it was a two step process. 1. Disable it in the power settings under the control panel for whatever power plan you are using. 2. Set the option to off under the intel control panel settings.

This appears to work for me.