What's new

Intel HD 4400 drivers reversible?

hksrb25s14

Hey guys I was wondering if upgrading to the new drivers (not made for SP2, from the intel website) is reversible, for example SP2 decide to add Intel HD graphics control panel to it's own update, and just incase I wanted to update to that one will there be any problems? I just herd it's not optimize for SP2 so battery will drain faster, but will increase performance. Has any one updated their SP2 intel hd 4400 yet? Any problems? Thanks guys.

demandarin

Of you don't like the driver, all you have to do is go into device manager, then display adapter. Then click on hd4400. From there press driver tab. Then just press roll back. Simple as that.

But having the generic driver won't mess up any future update. Because if new update has a new MS custom version of Intel driver, it'll install over it.

Plus the little extra drain from Intel generic only mostly comes from gaming. I flip flop between drivers all the time. There really isn't no difference to me. Plus whenever I game, I'm always plugged up and power profile on high performance. No matter what driver installed, battery will drain fast when gaming. No way around it really.

So no worries. I'd rather take the small hit in battery for the extra performance boost and full access to HD control panel. With MS custom ones, the HD control panel doesn't do much. Its not even available unless you install generic driver anyways.

OP
H

hksrb25s14

Thanks for the help, lol I just need it for fullscreen scale, I guess ill do the upgrade then, will make it easier to post gaming videos, thanks demandarin.

Zuldan

hksrb, if you play any games, can you tell us if your FPS has increased? EG before the update you had 35fps and after the update it went to 45fps?

Zuldan

hksrb, if you play any games, can you tell us if your FPS has increased? EG before the update you had 35fps and after the update it went to 45fps?

demandarin

That would be great to compare performance of Ms custom Intel drivers versus the newer Intel Generic one. Since the newer generic usually brings better performance.