What's new

Intel Iris HD5000 Driver update (15.36.18.64.4156 = 10.18.10/14.4156)

kozak79

Mine came up as an optional driver and I too checked against Intel's latest, and it's the same version. Installed through windows update with no problem and have full graphics properties panel. I'm glad Microsoft is now offering latest Intel drivers through windows update.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just checked again, still nothing... perhaps a time warp delay distributing to update servers.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, is it possible that you only get the new driver IF you had installed the Intel driver? Is that why it's Optional?

I don't believe I have installed the Intel driver after my last Refresh.

My driver is dated 11/18/2014
version 10.18.14.4029

Still, nothing showing in WU.

Aegeas

Use the Intel Driver Update Utility. It finds the update and installs it even if you have the 4029 driver. Windows Update did not offer it to me. Does anyone have a changes list for this new driver?

compnovo

Use the Intel Driver Update Utility. It finds the update and installs it even if you have the 4029 driver. Windows Update did not offer it to me. Does anyone have a changes list for this new driver?
I just tried that and received the report that the driver was a customized version that could not be updated. Interesting. I'm going to leave well enough alone.

dan_fein

I've been hassling with display drivers since I first got my SP3 i7. Within the first week the machine repeatedly froze, requiring a reboot. Research found that f.lux, an application that removes some of the blue tint from the display at sunset (look here to see why) was known to conflict with the driver that came with the machine, and that an upgrade would solve it. I did the upgrade, and it did solve the problem, but the next Windows update overwrote it with the earlier version.
Since then, I've found that WU is always behind Intel, and it will overwrite with whatever it thinks is the latest. At this point it is 4029, which also had problems with f.lux.
Now, after I install a hardware update, I routinely go to display drivers and remove the one it installed - I completely uninstall it, and reinstall the latest one from Intel. From then on, WU will show the hardware update as a critical update, but I always uncheck it until the next new one comes, and then I go through the uninstall procedure described above. It's a pain.
Dan