What's new

Intel Releases Updated Generic Drivers for Intel HD4000 Graphics, Fixes Bugs

demandarin

Just a f.y.I. for those interested or having driver/graphic issues.

Intel just released an updated driver for our HD4000 integrated graphics. Its said to fix alot of bugs in Win8 64bit. Here is the link to the article discussing it. In there has direct link to Intel page with driver download. Also link is there to PDF of release notes.
Intel's Updated Graphics Drivers for Ivy Bridge, Haswell Stomps Out Bugs in Windows 7 and 8 | Maximum PC

I already installed this in my pro and everything running fine. If you install, you might want to go into control panel. Then windows update. Then turn off automatic update. I have mine set to ask me which ones to install. If not, windows will reinstall that system update from 8/13 and it'll roll back your driver to MS custom Intel driver. This new updated driver, as other generic ones, properly enables the Intel HD4000 Graphics Control Panel. Which can be very useful for fine tuning display, etc...

Check.it out. ;)

Update: post number 50 has the latest link for Intel generic driver for win 8.1. its for pro 1 and pro2.

Last edited:

Sit

Just installed on my SP 8.0.... it works.... including OpenGL..... Hopefully MS will get it into the updates queue shortly.

sossqq

I am getting error saying " the driver being installed is not validated for this computer.
15.31.17.64.3257 (64-bit)
This is what i was trying to install

OP
D

demandarin

Was this the .exe you were trying to install? I think I've had that happen before. If the .exe one throwing errors, try downloading the zip file version. Then unpack it. Then run setup file. Should go through then. Or vice versa with file versions.

OP
D

demandarin

OK..I think I know why..you tried using Intel update utility. It won't let you that way because it'll say it detects custom drivers. Plus from that pic, that's not the latest verision.

Here is the direct link to Intel download page for the newest 64bit driver:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23106

Try the .exe first. Either one should work though. With this direct link to download, no reason it shouldn't install.

The latest version this downloads is: 9.18.10.3257

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

Rememebr to do what I also said in the OP if you want this driver to stay installed. Or else MS will reinstall their own driver while you asleep..lol.

After it installs you can go to control panel. The system then device manager. Then click on display adapter and you can check the driver version number to make sure it installed.

EMINENT

I am getting error saying " the driver being installed is not validated for this computer.
15.31.17.64.3257 (64-bit)
This is what i was trying to install

Yeah, me too. On both the exe and zip

You just have to update it manually. Device Manager>Display Adapter>HD Graphics 4000>
Click Properties, Driver, then update driver. Click "let me choose" and go to the graphics folder in the file downloaded after you've unzipped it and choose the kitxxxx.ini or kitxxxx.cat file.

Update and restart.

sossqq

Yeah, me too. On both the exe and zip

You just have to update it manually. Device Manager>Display Adapter>HD Graphics 4000>
Click Properties, Driver, then update driver. Click "let me choose" and go to the graphics folder in the file downloaded after you've unzipped it and choose the kitxxxx.ini or kitxxxx.cat file.

Update and restart.

Thanks it worked. Now I am also able to install exe version. So that means i needed to do menually first.
I noticed huge difference in gaming ( wow fps went from 27 to 56 )
but it seems like fan is making more noise :confused:
I wonder if I am missing any other important updates like this :p

minimojoman

LOL I guess this doesn't work on 8.1 pro preview huh? I installed it, guess I didn't read correctly, everyone else is using 8.1 RTM or 8pro right?? Cuz it crashes when I open the Intel Control panel, or launch a game.. haha stupid me, time to rollback

OP
D

demandarin

LOL I guess this doesn't work on 8.1 pro preview huh? I installed it, guess I didn't read correctly, everyone else is using 8.1 RTM or 8pro right?? Cuz it crashes when I open the Intel Control panel, or launch a game.. haha stupid me, time to rollback

theres another similar thread that I believe links the one that works with 8.1

im still on win8 pro...not updating till official release from windows store hit

Last edited: