What's new

Intel Releases Updated Generic Drivers for Intel HD4000 Graphics, Fixes Bugs

OP
D

demandarin

In case you didn't know, there is a newer release out for HD4000 graphics. supposedly new power boost and battery savings. ive updated and running well so far. adds new options in HD control panel also.

latest version should be DRIVER VERSION: 15.33.22.64.3621 . like a may release date. device manager will show a different number once installed. but if you verify its latest version from intel site. itll let u know you are on the latest. make sure to read the Release notes also as it shows everything that was updated such as open gl and direct x versions, etc...tells you what was added and improved and any known bugs.

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

NEW FEATURES : 
Intel® Graphics Control Panel has now been updated with below improvements
o Improved responsiveness and faster launch
o A new tile - ‘profiles’ has been introduced in the Graphics control panel to allow users to save/share/import settings

 Intel graphics control panel now offers an option to allow user to disable driver reporting Multi-Sample Antialiasing (MSAA) capabilities to applications. Some applications automatically enable MSAA, if the driver reports support for it. Enabling MSAA makes the workload more intensive, it can impact the frame rate/smoothness of animation for certain applications. In such cases, this option provides the user the ability to disable MSAA. The option appears in the 3D tile of Graphics control panel, under Anti-aliasing sub section. 
Optimizations in the driver binary size for DirectX* user mode driver DLL files. This implies a smaller disk footprint for the graphics driver. 
This driver enhances support for 4k2k (or Ultra Hi Definition) panels by adding the capability of an overlay plane (generally used for video playback) to be utilized for 4k2k panels. 
HEVC decode now supported by the driver and video players can now take advantage of the GPU accelerated decode support offered by Inte

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

Is that even newer than the Intel driver bundled with today's (June 2014) firmware pack from Microsoft?

Microsoft Surface Pro 2 update history | Surface firmware updates

its very close, as far as version number goes. I haven't tried the pro2 one and don't know if its specificially for pro2 hd4400 graphics or compatible with ours also. but according to intel, the one I mentioned is the latest for the HD4000.

you would have to read release notes on pro2 one to see if compatible with pro1. or trial and error of trying to install it.

they might very well be the same one, except one is for hd4000 and other for hd4400.

although reports say pro1 didn't have an update today, there was a huge update for pro1 also. lots of stuff. I don't think any graphics stuff but other things.

z3razerviper

I downloaded the drivers from intel but they wont work on the pro one where are you seeing the major update package for the pro one? I really wish ms supported the pro one better :(

Last edited:
OP
D

demandarin

I downloaded the drivers from intel but they wont work on the pro one where are you seeing the major update package for the pro one? I really wish ms supported the pro one better :(

Try downloading the zip file version. Then unzip it. Then update through device manager way. Pointing the device to unpackaged Intel driver file. It should work that way.

Bit this updated driver didn't come from a regular pro update though. You have to manually add this driver.