What's new

Intermittent TypeCover

hifilistener

Hello,

I have been experiencing recently (after the last firmware change) an issue where I will be in the middle of using my TypeCover and it will totally STOP functioning. The Screen will still respond. I have to disconnect and reconnect the TypeCover and it starts functioning again.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Justin

mitchellvii

Hello,

I have been experiencing recently (after the last firmware change) an issue where I will be in the middle of using my TypeCover and it will totally STOP functioning. The Screen will still respond. I have to disconnect and reconnect the TypeCover and it starts functioning again.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Justin

Download fresh copy of "Trackpad Settings" from Store. This fixes a keyboard bug caused by a recent update. It also allows you to turn off/on your trackpad.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hi Justin, this has been an ongoing problem and changed over time. In the best case it is just a software glitch that you can overcome with updates and settings. In the worst case scenario you may have a faulty Type cover to return. Take a look around the forum and see if any of the tips or adjustments work for you or if you need to consider a return.

DOTTAT

Mine and others posted here ended being the surface tab itself. Try taking it to a store to see if other keyboards work when yours doesnt.