What's new

Internet Explorer scaling issue when docking on Surface 4

aburtch

Greetings,

I'm having trouble with Internet Explorer 11 on my Surface 4. I'm running the Windows 10 Pro operating system.

Randomly, when docking the computer, it throws the system fonts for IE 11 way out of whack. I'm not talking about the content in the web pages in the browser, those remain normal. I'm talking about all the system fonts such as "File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help" and the bookmarks on the bookmark bar. They are suddenly HUGE. This is not happening with any other program or app, just IE.

I've tried messing around in the settings with zoom, scaling, font sizes, etc. but those don't affect the system fonts only what shows up within the web pages, which isn't the problem. The only way I'm able to solve the issue is to reset all IE to their defaults, but this is a huge pain and I have to rebuild my bookmarks, extensions, etc.

It seems to be triggered by connecting my computer to the docking station. I have an external monitor (Dell) set at 1920 x 1080 and the computer display itself is set to 2736 x 1824.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this a known issue?

Thanks.