What's new

invalid value for registry (photos)

jpfive

I cannot access any of my photos, either through the photo app or using file explorer, including from one drive. When I try to open I get "invalid value for registry". I can, however, view photos if I access one drive through internet explorer. I am using win10 with current updates, and today's firmware update. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

PS: I can access photos on my other Win10 pc's, including my desktop and notebook, all on my homegroup.

bluegrass

Are your photos stored on drive C. If not, see what happens if you store a few in the Pictures folder and open them using Windows Explorer. Make sure the photo extension is recognized by the application that is trying to open them. Sometimes you need to set the right app as the default to open the photo.

OP
J

jpfive

Are your photos stored on drive C. If not, see what happens if you store a few in the Pictures folder and open them using Windows Explorer. Make sure the photo extension is recognized by the application that is trying to open them. Sometimes you need to set the right app as the default to open the photo.

Thanks for the suggestion In explorer I find my photos on my PC. I copied that folder to C: No change. Microsoft's Photo App is my default for viewing photos.

OP
J

jpfive

I corrected the problem by reinstalling Windows 10. I followed a link that I found on search to the download site. Unfortunately this can not be done from the update and security tab in settings after the update from 8.1 to 10.