What's new

IPAD "Pro" is it a Joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
K

Knuck

And to say that they are a "joke" is just a silly, childish statement. They are nowhere close to being a "joke," they are in fact excellent devices that do relatively basic functions very, VERY well. I love PC's and will forever but a hell of a lot of people out there could get by with only owning an iPad pretty easily.

The title in this thread in no way suggests this new iPad is a joke. What I was referring to is Apple's distinction that it is designed for the creative professional. Macs have traditionally been targeted more towards creatives than PCs were. When Apple first launched the MacBook Pro it was intended to be a more powerful option for creative professionals as are the current generation of Mac Pros. This is Apple's heritage. To produce a "Pro" product that isn't even capable of handling Raw files is imho a joke.

The title in this thread in no way suggests this new iPad is a joke. What I was referring to is Apple's distinction that it is designed for the creative professional. Macs have traditionally been targeted more towards creatives than PCs were. When Apple first launched the MacBook Pro it was intended to be a more powerful option for creative professionals as are the current generation of Mac Pros. This is Apple's heritage. To produce a "Pro" product that isn't even capable of handling Raw files is imho a joke.

So you think a creative professionals are photographers? Well done, you managed to insult the other 90% of creative professionals who aren't. So in short, to argue it doesn't fit the criteria pro because it doesn't fit your idea of pro while it does fit others is as big a joke.

I could argue that the iPad Pro is more pro because it actually works and my definition of a pro product is one that is reliable. The amount of issues on the SP4 and Surface Book would exclude it based on this.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you think a creative professionals are photographers? Well done, you managed to insult the other 90% of creative professionals who aren't. So in short, to argue it doesn't fit the criteria pro because it doesn't fit your idea of pro while it does fit others is as big a joke.

I could argue that the iPad Pro is more pro because it actually works and my definition of a pro product is one that is reliable. The amount of issues on the SP4 and Surface Book would exclude it based on this.
Save the disdain 4 annoying iPad Pro problems, and what to do about them
There's a pile of smelly stuff in both pastures.

Sorry Greyfox. He's the one complaining it's not pro because it doesn't fit his narrow band of pro definition. I'm trying to show him how ludicrous his logic is.

And yet you approach me about the issue when Microsoft has had to issue an apology???

Status
Not open for further replies.