What's new

iPad Pro outsold Surface

jrioux

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
All this proves is Apple has a strong following of people with sufficient disposable income to buy anything Apple makes regardless if it makes any sense for them or not. The Apple 'mixed bag of nuts & bolts' would sell millions.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
APPLES OUTSOLD ORANGES - 2015

About 40 pounds of apples were consumed by Americans in the last year.
At 1/3 pound each, that is 120 apples per person.

About 25 pounds of oranges were consumed.
At 1/4 pound each, that is about 100 oranges per person.

Both are good fruit. They differ in benefit, look, feel, and taste.

OP
jrioux

jrioux

All this proves is Apple has a strong following of people with sufficient disposable income to buy anything Apple makes regardless if it makes any sense for them or not. The Apple 'mixed bag of nuts & bolts' would sell millions.
Plus, there's the status of having Apple's latest and greatest - that's PRICELESS!

All these factors combined was why I wasn't surprised.

Afy

Some people have money to burn.. what can one say.
I for one will not buy anything crApple, hell I don't even like the fruit or the juice.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
To look at it from another angle, I think that is outstanding performance by MS.
Imagine if they had made a largely bug free device.

The future though is clouded/crowded with Surface clones. Sales numbers will be difficult to separate or fathom.

Imagine if they had made a largely bug free device.

The future though is clouded/crowded with Surface clones. Sales numbers will be difficult to separate or fathom.

I Agree, I would still have a Surface Book, and not the iPad Pro I am writing this on.....