What's new

iPad Pro vs SP3: Let's Measure Apple's Reality Distortion Field

daniielrp

Here's a refreshingly candid comparison in Forbes - www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2015/09/12/apple-ipad-pro-vs-microsoft-surface-pro-3.

Your thoughts and reactions?

My first thought is what a waste of my time it was reading that. I learnt literally nothing. He just vaguely rambles on abut Apple's iPad Pro webpage and only at the very end mentions something linked to the title: "How the iPad Pro is received both in the media and by consumers compared to existing devices will be the clearest sign of how Steve Jobs’ famed ‘Reality Distortion Field’ that settles around any new Apple product is working for Tim Cook". Thanks Ewan, who would have thought the reaction of media and consumers would tell me something about the product.

Couple that with fiendishly spreading this rather thin waste of digital ink across two pages just to make up ad revenue and what have have you got? A bored daniielrp that's what!!

As for your own topic - yes, of course it will have the Apple effect just like every other Apple product. Glad we cleared that up.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My first thought is what a waste of my time it was reading that. I learnt literally nothing. He just vaguely rambles on abut Apple's iPad Pro webpage and only at the very end mentions something linked to the title: "How the iPad Pro is received both in the media and by consumers compared to existing devices will be the clearest sign of how Steve Jobs’ famed ‘Reality Distortion Field’ that settles around any new Apple product is working for Tim Cook". Thanks Ewan, who would have thought the reaction of media and consumers would tell me something about the product.

Couple that with fiendishly spreading this rather thin waste of digital ink across two pages just to make up ad revenue and what have have you got? A bored daniielrp that's what!!

As for your own topic - yes, of course it will have the Apple effect just like every other Apple product. Glad we cleared that up.
The Author did demonstrate an impressive command of the obvious. :)

leeshor

The Author did demonstrate an impressive command of the obvious. :)
31.gif
31.gif

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The whole seemed to simply conclude with "these are the three devices specs, but the ipad is late to the market, let's see".

CrippsCorner

What kind of crap does Forbes spill out!? The next article...

Why Apple TV Is 'Game Over' For Xbox One And PS4

o_O err... yeah, alright.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the Forbes Articles are posted by contributors who with rare exception are not Tech Journalists or even experts in their field....

leeshor

I can remember back in the late 90s I was selling a lot of systems to a reseller here in Atlanta and they sold those systems to their customers. They liked selling my equipment because it was always on the bleeding edge. They could usually get a new processor in one of my systems before HP or Compaq or even Dell offered it. Of course that was then and this is a new era.

I can remember a tech guy at the reseller's office tell me one day that he had a system that would run all over mine. It w as a "very" expensive SPARC system. With 8-9 other people standing around to watch this contest of speed, (it was a circus), he proceeded to tell me how fast his system was. He got totally shut down and big laughs from everyone else when I asked, "OK, so it's fast, but can it run AutoCad"?

I made my point with everyone but him. I ran into an article comparing iPad Pro to Surface and some of the comments made me think of that time so long ago. This really is a good read because the author asks what Apple is comparing the iPad Pro's performance to.

The iPad Pro vs. the Surface Pro 3: We check Apple's lofty performance claims

They have been down this performance BS before.

CrippsCorner

I can remember back in the late 90s I was selling a lot of systems to a reseller here in Atlanta and they sold those systems to their customers. They liked selling my equipment because it was always on the bleeding edge. They could usually get a new processor in one of my systems before HP or Compaq or even Dell offered it. Of course that was then and this is a new era.

I can remember a tech guy at the reseller's office tell me one day that he had a system that would run all over mine. It w as a "very" expensive SPARC system. With 8-9 other people standing around to watch this contest of speed, (it was a circus), he proceeded to tell me how fast his system was. He got totally shut down and big laughs from everyone else when I asked, "OK, so it's fast, but can it run AutoCad"?

I made my point with everyone but him. I ran into an article comparing iPad Pro to Surface and some of the comments made me think of that time so long ago. This really is a good read because the author asks what Apple is comparing the iPad Pro's performance to.

The iPad Pro vs. the Surface Pro 3: We check Apple's lofty performance claims

They have been down this performance BS before.

Great article... think I'll post this over on the same stupid debate going on over at The Verge!