What's new

iPad Pro vs SP4

Hmm so MS knew about the pen. I hope they can improve more on the SP4 pen. While I THINK the Apple pencil has only 2 pressures it does allow tilting to give a wider pen swath. I hope if there's a new SP4 pen they have that feature.
Also saying the iPad Pro is faster than 80% of all PC tablets sold (I think. Or was that laptops?) I hope the $999 version of the SP4 is faster in all aspects.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The ipad will not hold a candle to any of the surface pro line. It is an ipad. The debate is essentially no different than the previous one, ipad vs surface pro. There is no debate :) Not unless MS decide to go back to RT. They are completely different classes of devices. The ipad will sell like hotcakes, because apple, but it does not change the fact that you are still on the same old unproductive ios. In this instance pro really doesn't mean professional like it does with the surface pro line.

CrippsCorner

A full OS Vs a mobile OS is no real contest.

I personally think the keyboard looks awful... it doesn't even have a touchpad! I guess that's because iOS doesn't support mice. The stylus however (apart from its terrible name) looks really nice, and could be a step up from the Surface's models.

The iPad Pro itself? Without x64 support and no USB slots it's DOA for me. I know my girlfriend would have been interested if it ran OS X... maybe more of a crossover is the future for Apple? Who knows.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

I personally think the keyboard looks awful... it doesn't even have a touchpad! I guess that's because iOS doesn't support mice. The stylus however (apart from its terrible name) looks really nice, and could be a step up from the Surface's models.

It does indeed "look" nice, but the 12 hour battery life would be a complete deal breaker. I could see that seriously hampering someones work if it cuts out at the wrong time. A lot easier just to oipen a bag and pull out a AAAA battery than to sit around with nothing to do until it charges back up. I wonder what the charge time is like, can't be a big battery.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

That bulge along the crease just screams premium quality :lol: I would expect that kind of workmanship from a $1.99 chinese OEM case, not a $200 accessory! An extra $300 to be able to in any way shape or form call the ipad "pro". Makes you wonder what the pro part stands for. Is it the sie and slightly faster innards? or is it the Pen?

jrioux

That bulge along the crease just screams premium quality :lol: I would expect that kind of workmanship from a $1.99 chinese OEM case, not a $200 accessory! An extra $300 to be able to in any way shape or form call the ipad "pro". Makes you wonder what the pro part stands for. Is it the sie and slightly faster innards? or is it the Pen?
Huh, didn't you know that a official Apple accessory is just a $1.99 chinese product with the Apple logo on it?

daniielrp

The iPad Pro itself? Without x64 support and no USB slots it's DOA for me. I know my girlfriend would have been interested if it ran OS X... maybe more of a crossover is the future for Apple? Who knows.

I just noticed how the Pencil charges... You take the cap off and plug the lighting connector in to the bottom of your iPad. So you iPad basically has a thin 10" stick hanging out of it while charging. Practical right?!?

Clovismod

I just noticed how the Pencil charges... You take the cap off and plug the lighting connector in to the bottom of your iPad. So you iPad basically has a thin 10" stick hanging out of it while charging. Practical right?!?

And you can't charge both iPadPro and Pencil in the same time....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snort :D
A virtual dagger in the heart of Steve Jobs... OR... just flipping him the pencil. :)