What's new

iPad Pro: why it's not right for pro artists and designers

ScottyS

I smell troll here..., new poster and going on about a non-issue that might affect a small percentage, if any, of dock users while spruiking the merits of the oversize Maxipad on a Surface Forum.
Yeah!
And BTW, it's spelt Kool-Aid.
upload_2015-9-12_4-51-6.png

I smell troll here..., new poster and going on about a non-issue that might affect a small percentage, if any, of dock users while spruiking the merits of the oversize Maxipad on a Surface Forum.

Read my post again. I never said I would buy it and I never said it was any good. I simply said that the argument that it wasn't right for pro designers meant very little because "pro" designers and artists were a very small percentage of the people that Apple were marketing it for.

Simply because you disagree with what I say doesn't make me a troll. The more you people cry troll every time someone disagrees with you (or points out a , the more you sound like the Sheeple you complain about.

The first post I had didn't relate to the dock, it related to the an external display. The SP3 didn't scale well when you plugged into an external display and shift to a stand alone tablet, if you were doing this daily, well, it was more than just an annoyance. It was however fortunately fixed with Windows 10 but at the time, it was an issue with Windows 8 despite having been out for a while. I'm guessing the amount of people that plug into external displays is hardly small but keeping trying to convince yourself it's okay not to complain about faults in one products but it's okay to point out faults in a product you haven't seen in the flesh, let alone touched because it hasn't even come out yet.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys can rant on about how awesome the Surface Pro is for "pro artists" but lets look at the numbers:

Number of pro artists vs wannabe/hobby artists is actually about 1%

The number Apple is aiming for? The 99%

which is what we have all been saying. This ipad "pro" is not designed for professional use, it is designed and aimed at the 99%, the ones drawing little stick men and kittens and flowers. this is an ipad plus, there is nothing "pro" about it.

As has been stated though, your post is quite clearly rather biased ;)

kundas1

So because I posted about a known issue with others posted about, which isn't an issue on Mac, and shouldn't be an issue with the SP3 because they designed it to work with a docking station, I'm biased? And you figure that how?

Or have you drunk too much of the windows coolaid you complain about the Apple users drinking that you consider a bug on something that effects people daily like plugging in an external display to be a non-issue?

let me repeat, YOU AND THE OTHERS with your problem only represent 10% or less... (WE) the other 90% don't have this trouble you speak of... and also there is no "docking stations" for macs so how can this be an issue for macs? your point is mute.... so how am I drinking the kool aid? and I can tell from your post and reply (which your tone is more favorable towards apple) that your more biased towards apple products, its ok you can admit it, we're not going to spank you or scold you... but at least be honest with us ;) LOL perhaps this is due because your SP3 is not running like the rest of us at an optimal level... the only thing I do agree with you is that windows 10 in its current form is worse than the ipad/MacBook... but others might disagree with me because win10 has been working fine on THEIR SP3... its been a total debacle on MY DEVICE :rolleyes:

ScottyS

. . .
The first post I had didn't relate to the dock, it related to the an external display. The SP3 didn't scale well when you plugged into an external display and shift to a stand alone tablet, if you were doing this daily, well, it was more than just an annoyance. . .
I've never had this problem. I had the SP1 right when it came out, and got an SP3 when it came out. Windows 8, 8.1, Win1o TP and now Win10. I have no dock, when I come home from work I plug in the power cord, a USB cable and a mDP cable. I have a Dell 27" which is 2560x1440 and other than a slight shift in location of desktop icons because the SP3's screen is 2160x1440 (which only occurs if I connect it in standby, if I boot with the monitor on it comes out right). Then every morning I pull out the plugs and take it to work as a tablet.
And the USB connects to a 9 port USB3 hub, with one of those going to the monitor which has 4 USB out ports plus an SD slot so I have 3 HDs, 2 SD cards, a DVD burner, wireless keyboard and BT mouse; can't do that with an iPad.

Tsurugaya

Can't be sure, but I think Adobe and other graphic developers will upgrade existing apps or develop new ones to utilize the new power available in the iPad Pro. Maybe not immediately but within six months I'd be surprised if we didn't see some new interesting solutions.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't be sure, but I think Adobe and other graphic developers will upgrade existing apps or develop new ones to utilize the new power available in the iPad Pro. Maybe not immediately but within six months I'd be surprised if we didn't see some new interesting solutions.

Yet the ipad pro still won't have the processing power to do any real artistic work in a feasible amount of time. It's a bit like the Surface 3. Sure it has full windows and you could install X Y Z on it, but it is still a tablet, and not in any way the tool for the job in a professional environment. Give it as fancy a pen as you like, there is nothing pro about an ipad. That's all this is, an ipad.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yet the ipad pro still won't have the processing power to do any real artistic work in a feasible amount of time. It's a bit like the Surface 3. Sure it has full windows and you could install X Y Z on it, but it is still a tablet, and not in any way the tool for the job in a professional environment. Give it as fancy a pen as you like, there is nothing pro about an ipad. That's all this is, an ipad.
Regardless Apple will sell 20 million of them before the faithful realize it ... and the faithful will never realize it. :)