What's new

is anyone else unaffected by battery drain problem & did you manually solve it?

mva5580

No 2 people are likely to get the same results as everyone has different configurations and use different apps in different ways but yeah, it's doable. The least time I got on a change was 6 hours and that was transferring a ton of stuff across my local network and several restarts for app installs.

Yeah I hear you on that, different things are going to yield different results.

I do tend to have pretty "routine" usage of my devices though, and I understand what it's capable of and what it's not. If it's possible to get ~9 hours out of this, then my particular usage would probably fall within that range.

leeshor

Maybe! For instance, at least for now, Chrome will reduce battery life by as much as 20% everything else being equal. Even visiting certain very add heavy WEB sites will use more battery, no matter what browsers you use. Then there are all the background tasks.

I attribute my battery life to dozens of things I do and the way I do it as much as to the dozens of things I don't do. I'm kinda like the hyper mileage people, trying to squeeze ever Watt hour I can within reason and still not cripple what I need to do.

EMINENT

I'm getting 8-9 hours consistently and up to 14 hours using S0iX between meetings....

Do you have Hey Cortana on? Hello? Live tiles? How many minutes is hibernate set for you?

I know Leeshor disables tons of stuff, so that isn't what I bought this product for.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have Hey Cortana on? Hello? Live tiles? How many minutes is hibernate set for you?

I know Leeshor disables tons of stuff, so that isn't what I bought this product for.
Yep, Cortana is configured, I'm using Hello and Full Screen Start with Live Tiles....

Chrome has never touched my SP4...and I only have installed Office 2016 and Modern Apps

leeshor

Most people wouldn't notice the "ton" of stuff I disabled. Hello is enabled as is one live tile. If you didn't look at my settings you would probably never know anything was disabled. I have repeatedly said I have not turned anything off that would in any way cripple my use of the Surface or keep me from using it's functions.

With that said, have you actually gone through every possible setting? I have, at least 4 times now.

EMINENT

Yep, Cortana is configured, I'm using Hello and Full Screen Start with Live Tiles....

Chrome has never touched my SP4...and I only have installed Office 2016 and Modern Apps

I don't touch Chrome either. FF is working beautifully with Color my site add on to turn this forum and others black.

What about hibernate? Have you adjusted from the default of 120 mins? I changed mine to 60 and getting only 1%/hr drain while it's put away.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is stock, including using suggested brightness with adaptive brightness enabled....

WebGeorge

FYI for anyone else reading this (like me) - I just checked and my new SP4 (i5/8GB/256GB) has a battery driver from Nov this year !

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry this is probably a dumb question but, what is SoiX? Is it something to do with connected standby?
Sorry I missed your question.... S0iX is the actual Power Stand for Connected Standby - S0 is Powered On, so S0iX is Powered On low power state (like a cell phone)