What's new

Is anyone using the Incipio Feather case on the Surface Pro 2?

volumnus

I read all the negative reviews on Amazon but still elected to give it a shot. There just aren't many choices available. The reviews were right. It's dreadful. The part that covers the kickstand is too tight, causing the stand to bow inward, preventing the stand from closing on the sides. I fear the stand could eventually be bent or broken under the stress.

Second, the case comes apart each time the stand is deployed. It has to be reassembled and snapped back into place every time. Several reviewers say they are not experiencing these issues, but they are greatly outnumbered by those of us who are. I wonder if Incipio has revised the product or if it's just a quality control issue. I contacted Incipio, but they have not responded.

redbrick

Yes, I did try this case on my sp2, and thought it was okay. In my experience, the case did not come apart as the amazon folks experienced, even when the stand is deployed. I really like the smooth texture of the cover. Since I use my unit like an iPad (no keyboard, or pen), I was not comfortable leaving the screen uncovered when not in use, so I nixed this cover. I ended up using a portfolio type cover, that allows any angle amongst other benefits... Its not a bad case for sure, but it just didn't suite all my needs. (on a side note, oddly enough, I spend most of my time on the desktop too.)

OP
V

volumnus

Must be quality control then.

Yes, I did try this case on my sp2, and thought it was okay. In my experience, the case did not come apart as the amazon folks experienced, even when the stand is deployed. I really like the smooth texture of the cover. Since I use my unit like an iPad (no keyboard, or pen), I was not comfortable leaving the screen uncovered when not in use, so I nixed this cover. I ended up using a portfolio type cover, that allows any angle amongst other benefits... Its not a bad case for sure, but it just didn't suite all my needs. (on a side note, oddly enough, I spend most of my time on the desktop too.)

You are only the third or fourth person whose case fit.

mcsenerd

image.jpg
I have the incipio feather and the Manvex case and I kinda like both of them.
I don't notice any "bowing" with mine either...

infer66

The Incipio Feather case is badly designed and overheats the SP2. 20 degrees celcius higher running temp. That is if you manage to fit it on your SP2 without breaking the case or your SP2 stand. I removed mine and threw it in the bin after two days of use.

revmike

I have no problem with mine and I've experienced no overheating. I'm only going to keep using it until the freedom case is released.