What's new

Is Call of Duty Ghost running good on SP2?

cedric5555

Is Call of Duty Ghost running good and smooth on SP2? I have read that there is a patch that allow 4GB ram to run this game. Anyone test it on 4gb or 8gb ram model?

Thank you,

oion

Given that nearly all your posts are just about gaming on the Pro, you should know this isn't a gaming tablet, especially when most games aren't even touch enabled. Why don't you buy a proper gaming laptop.

beman39

Why didn't you buy the razor edge? That's more of a gaming tablet than the surface pro 2... can even buy a nifty controller for it...

OP
C

cedric5555

I know Razor edge has a great graphic card. Razor edge is thicker, heavier, no 1080p screen, worse battery life, no type cover.
That's why I don't pick Razor edge unless they have fixed those or have an updated version.
Also, there are a lot of people talking games in this forum beside me. I don't see any problem. I asked other questions beside gaming topic(battery life, speakers). Check before you say something.
I thought we all love SP here and would like to share comment. If you are not providing info., you can ignore this thread.
Plz.

oion

Okay, but if you buy an SP2 for gaming and find out it has bad frame rates unless you lower all settings to the minimum, you'd better not come here complaining... :p

Because the only proper gaming machine is one with discrete graphics.

(The difference between you and everyone else is that other posts about gaming are tangential. Your history, though, pretty much entirely about gaming.)

demandarin

Let me chime in... lol is the new Ghosts more graphically intense than Battlefield 4? Because I've seen videos of B4 running good on pro1 and even better on pro2. Its all in the adjusting of graphic settings. 8gb version would be best.

People still sleeping. If people were to see my steam collection I have installed in my pro, they'd be amazed to see what my device has been capable of pushing. I'd rather have this pro that is a jack of all trades vs. A dedicated gaming device. O never bought the pro for gaming. But it sure as hell surprised me to see how capable it was at gaming. Ive been gaming ever since on it with no desire for the new gaming consoles coming out. I just added Super Meatboy and Sniper Nazi Zombies Army2 to my collection. Also Alan Wake American Nightmare and Master Reboot. I'm still stoked at how well my pro pushes Dishonored and Crysis2.

Oh and I run most of my games at at least 720p resolution. Some can run at native. Looks excellent plugged up to my big screen. Which is only 720p itself. An LG LCD. So games look and sound excellent on it.

If you looking for a laptop replacement device that also has decent gaming capabilities, the Surface pro is it. Me personally, I'm over the laptop style devices. Tablets and mobile solutions are the future.

Last edited:

oion

Let me chime in... lol is the new Ghosts more graphically intense than Battlefield 4? Because I've seen videos of B4 running good on pro1 and even better on pro2. Its all in the adjusting of graphic settings. 8gb version would be best.

People still sleeping. If people were to see my steam collection I have installed in my pro, they'd be amazed to see what my device has been capable of pushing. I'd rather have this pro that is a jack of all trades vs. A dedicated gaming device. O never bought the pro for gaming. But it sure as hell surprised me to see how capable it was at gaming. Ive been gaming ever since on it with no desire for the new gaming consoles coming out. I just added Super Meatboy and Sniper Nazi Zombies Army2 to my collection. Also Alan Wake American Nightmare and Master Reboot. I'm still stoked at how well my pro pushes Dishonored and Crysis2.

Oh yeah, I have no doubt the Pro line is great for general play, but like you said, you didn't buy it for gaming. Sounds like the OP wants to, though. :p

So for the amount of money you'd spend on a hybrid functional tablet like the Pro, you should be able to get a gaming laptop with discrete graphics and better gameplay. It's just about priorities.

hksrb25s14

I got ghost on my razer edge and it's running decent frame rate 20-40 fps, I had it on SP2 and fps was averaged around 10 - 15 on low settings and resolution at 13xx X 7xx , areas with heavy action frame would dip down to like 5-8 fps and if you have 4 gb ram you need a patch. Hopefully we will get better frames with next FW update.

hksrb25s14

I did a comparison video with surface pro2 vs Razer edge pro using SFiv benchmark on y o u t u b e.
Plus if your a hardcore gamer, I hate to say this, the SP2 isn't a wise decision, I mainly use my SP2 for MMO and less demanding games, plus the razer edge pro is upgradeable someone had his edge from 256ssd to a 512 ssd and 8gb ram to 16gb and even upgraded their wifi card plus the gamepad is awesome. I use gestureworks gameplay on my SP2 and it's fun for gaming.

beman39

just an FYI I made a call of duty-ghosts for the surface 2 pro wallpaper incase any one is interested :wink: :wink: look in the themes section

beman39

good gawd I hope this isn't the video you did....cuzz it's really gay.......no offence
[video=youtube;kq_2XBhq0W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kq_2XBhq0W8[/video]

hksrb25s14

good gawd I hope this isn't the video you did....cuzz it's really gay.......no offence
[video=youtube;kq_2XBhq0W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kq_2XBhq0W8[/video]

oh no, lol this one.

[video=youtube;haQ6XEcPt3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQ6XEcPt3k&feature=player_detailpage[/video]