What's new

Is Call of Duty Ghost running good on SP2?

beman39

ahh ok I saw it, you should have tested a better game like cod or something along those lines, but good vid none the less... wow! your a lucky dood with a SP2 AND a razer edge!

demandarin

good gawd I hope this isn't the video you did....cuzz it's really gay.......no offence
[video=youtube;kq_2XBhq0W8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kq_2XBhq0W8[/video]

I started watching then started laughing my #$% off....hahaha. I don't what the hell people be thinking. Has to be one of the weakest comparisons I've seen. Even with just stills. Then the music doesn't match at all. People be adding music too much to everything. Smh

hksrb25s14

Speaking of razor edge, did they release an update for 8.1 yet? Or are you stuck on 8?

Yeah, there is a update for new drivers on the razer website but i won't be updating anytime soon, I see alot of my games having problems with windows 8.1 on SP2 so why risk it lol. But I use my SP2 more , I mean daily stuff and hardcore gaming with the edge, lol people say why don't you get gaming desktop instead, I say I do have one, but the edge and Sp2 is flashy on the go. And the best 2hrs of toilet gaming, you can't do that with a desktop.

OP
C

cedric5555

That is pointless to compare with Razer Edge Pro. Razer is not using Haswell processor. Its battery life just 4 hours (if lucky 4.5) with web browsing or even worse in watching movie on the go.
Razer Edge Pro of course is much better when playing games. Since I have ps4(next week), xbox360, gaming laptop or desktop. Razer Edge is pointless to me.
SP2 has 8.5 hours for regular use and 7.6 hours for Netflix or movies. It can be light gaming. I just want to see its maximum potential and limitation for gaming.
Razer is a good gaming tablet but not for multipurpose. I don't think it is fair to compare with that. It is more expensive than SP/SP2 too.
The fair comparison was SP with Acer W700 and Samsung ATIV smart Pro 700T. They all with same Ivy Bridge processor, HD4000, 4gb ram, 1080p screen. The comparison result came out SP has the best fps, benchmark to others two.
There is no other same class Haswell tablet to compare with SP2 yet (Dell and Sony vaio tap11 use Intel HD4200) except the ultrabook and Mac book pro.
I think the new Asus UX320 is a good one to compare with Razer. ASUS Zenbook UX301/UX302 (preview) Review - Notebooks - Ultraportable - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

hksrb25s14

I did a side by side comparison on hardcore MP BF4 with my brother , he was using the SP2 and the only difference was the SP2 only lasted 30min to 45min more then the edge, as for daily things web surfing the edge did 5-6 hrs with brightness max and 7 hrs with brightness, and to say the edge is expensive is wrong, it's a better deal why? You buy a SP2 256 with 8 gigs of ram for $1, 299.99, you buy a razer edge pro 128 with 8 gigs of ram for
$1, 299.99, but wait here the catch, you have the option to upgrade the ram to 10gb, 16gb if you know where the last slot is, you have the option to upgrade the ssd to any size you want, and change to the best wifi card, plus you get a nvidia 640m le, plus add on like gamepad keyboard case and dock,
My point is you get to keep your edge longer, while SP2 needs tobe replaced... Surface pro 3? I know battery life is bad on both for high end games but most of us play games power plugged in, don't tell me you don't, then battery life comparing is pointless.

eltos_lightfoot

And battery life COMPLETELY matters when not gaming. I can get 8-10 hours casual use (playing music on a Bluetooth speaker, desktop app use (not photoshop, but editing code and office type stuff), etc.) easy on my SP2.

hksrb25s14

I just can't get past the crappy screen resolution on the razer pro.

hmm it's not too bad, you could pump the settings to mid to high and you'll just be amazed, the problem i had with SP2 is at native 19xx X 10xx will lag or slow a game by alot, and for decent frame rate 1366x768 and even with that res the games comes with blackboarders for some, mostly EA games.

I love both tablets, I seem to use my SP2 more and now with gestureworks gameplay it's easy to game on it., but if i wanted to show off I'll break out the Edge pro.
i'm just waiting for the Razer Edge Pro 2 now that will be a gaming beast.

I'll post side by side later this week or next with SP2 vs Razer Edge playing call of duty ghost.

OP
C

cedric5555

I did a side by side comparison on hardcore MP BF4 with my brother , he was using the SP2 and the only difference was the SP2 only lasted 30min to 45min more then the edge, as for daily things web surfing the edge did 5-6 hrs with brightness max and 7 hrs with brightness, and to say the edge is expensive is wrong, it's a better deal why? You buy a SP2 256 with 8 gigs of ram for $1, 299.99, you buy a razer edge pro 128 with 8 gigs of ram for
$1, 299.99, but wait here the catch, you have the option to upgrade the ram to 10gb, 16gb if you know where the last slot is, you have the option to upgrade the ssd to any size you want, and change to the best wifi card, plus you get a nvidia 640m le, plus add on like gamepad keyboard case and dock,
My point is you get to keep your edge longer, while SP2 needs tobe replaced... Surface pro 3? I know battery life is bad on both for high end games but most of us play games power plugged in, don't tell me you don't, then battery life comparing is pointless.

Humm... The Razer Edge Pro is $1499 for 256gb SSD 8gb ram and SP2 is $1299. SP2 has dual channel for the 8gb ram. The 1080p maybe not for gaming but definitely for videos, movies, web browsing. Also, I can use 10% off Student discount plus the discover 10% which bring it down to $1143 after tax. As for the upgrade, I don't think it's worth or necessary to spend the extra money to upgrade. 256gb SSD and 8gb ram is enough for regular use. You don't need more than 8gb ram to optimize for gaming. Even COD Ghost, it requires minimum 6gb ram but it just actual needs 4gb ram in real test. I would rather say 8gb of ram is enough with the GPU on REP GT640m LE. 16gb/32gb ram for GT640m?? It is useless and I rather spend the money to upgrade my gaming desktop.

Battery Life does matter, I had SP and I know 4 hours is really not enough on the go. I was always carrying the charger and looking for power circuit. Will you always carrying the Bulky Brick Razer with the weird controller on the street all the time? I also can use the digitizer pen on SP to take notes in school which Razer can't do so.

SP2 has been proofed that it can run all the games include BF4 and CODG. You can check on youtube. The guy called "SurfaceProGaming" has completed the gaming tests.

As I said, Razer is the best gaming tablet but it is not the best multipurpose tablet.
Maybe if there is Razer Edge Pro 2 with Haswell in the future, it will be the best tablet. Or other words, Razer Edge Pro get replaced as well. ^^