What's new

Is it me or metro IE freezes and crashes at amazon.com?

oion

My Metro IE (Surface RT) does fine with Amazon. What are you trying to do that makes it crash, or is it just random? Got everything patched on your system?

OP
ChemCat

ChemCat

My Metro IE (Surface RT) does fine with Amazon. What are you trying to do that makes it crash, or is it just random? Got everything patched on your system?

Don't do anything to make it crash. It crashes every time. Simply go to amazon.com. As soon as it loads, the whole tablet freezes.

I have an atom windows 8 tablet if it helps.

dellaster

Don't do anything to make it crash. It crashes every time. Simply go to amazon.com. As soon as it loads, the whole tablet freezes.

My Atom Windows 8 tablet (TPT2) has no problem with Amazon.com using the "Metro" IE. I go there all the time. I even stream video, though occasionally ― or with some movies/TV shows ― I get stalls and stuttering (desktop IE is no better in those instances).

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

oion

Yeah, that can't be right. Mine is IE10, and I think I disabled autoupdate for it. Is it only Amazon.com that does this? I wonder if you try to run it in compatibility mode, would it still crash.