What's new

Is it okay to buy now?

bluegrass

I have done a dozen or so anniversary updates without an issue. I am pretty sure that if you go to Update & Security in Windows Settings and choose Learn More, it will take you to a URL that you can do the Anniversary Update.

Exhile

I have done a dozen or so anniversary updates without an issue. I am pretty sure that if you go to Update & Security in Windows Settings and choose Learn More, it will take you to a URL that you can do the Anniversary Update.
Clicking on "learn more" did help.

OP
G

gman713

I'm hoping someone can confirm something for me. Apparently the brand new SP4 I bought on eBay is serviced through Dell. I registered it with Dell and waiting for their response which takes 7-10 business days. In the meantime I took it to the MS Store to purchase MS Complete. They verified my purchase and checked my unit and sold me the 2 year plan. They told me it doesn't matter where I bought it and that it is now covered. So I have my receipt showing that my serial number for my SP4 is covered but when I go online, nothing shows up under my device because it won't let me register it since the device I bought must be part of a corporate set of units. I contacted the seller before getting MS Complete questioning him about where he got the unit. He told me just register it with Dell because they are better. Anyway, since i have my receipt with the MS Store, if something goes wrong will they cover my unit? The 2 reps who i bought it kept telling me I'm covered but wanted to know if anyone else has Complete and can confirm I should still be covered?

coolowl

To Exhile: It was a month or more before the Anniversary update automatically appeared on my SP4. But it finally did and all is well (although it did a lot of installing of things in the background for half a day with the fan coming on every few minutes). That went away after a day and I've not had a problem.

awwshoot

So far after this month's updates our SP4s have been doing well! 2 had hiccups but grabbing the latest version of Win10 and Installing over the top saving Apps and files has brought them inline as well! :)

Oh I did have one where touch wasn't working like it should this morning then was not accurate to where I was touching. Rebooted and it has been problem free. This is the 2nd or 3rd time for this specific tablet so thinking it is user error with possible timing of keyboard removal and rotation locked to portrait.